Friday, April 18, 2008

Beta #2...kicked its butt!

I had my 2nd beta today. I was told that they like to see the numbers double every 2 days. My 1st beta was 207...my 2nd was 620!!! I am so excited to be exceeding everybody's expectations! It makes me feel a little safer. I've spent a lot of time worrying about miscarriage and all the things that could go wrong. Seeing numbers like this make me feel like I can relax a little bit. I won't relax fully until my 1st ultrasound on May 5th. I can't wait to see the heartbeat(s)!!

My morning sickness is very annoying. I am not throwing up, but I feel nauseous pretty much all day long. I really hope it goes away soon so I can enjoy some of my first trimester!

I bought "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy today. It is so cute!! It is a tongue-in-cheek look at pregnancy...no bull!! It's kinda scary, but at least I'll be prepared for the good, the bad, and the ugly!! I have read quite a bit...I definitely recommend it!

6 comments:

s.e. said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!

I hear you on worrying about miscarrying but try your best to relax. Sorry you are feeling icky. I had a friend who said the prego pops (lollipops for morning sickness) helped at least when she was sucking on one.

Tara said...

Apparently plain bagels with cream cheese or... chinese food are helpful with the nausea. I may or may not know this frome expericence. ;)

That's a great second beta.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Awesome second beta! Congratulations! I can't wait for your ultrasound.

Anonymous said...

Try to relax and enjoy being pg! Remember all the times you WANTED morning sickness? Enjoy! Congrats on the high beta! WHOOO HOOO! I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. In the mean time, please pray for me and dh beta on Monday! I'm nervous and excited. Enjoy your weekend!

Rebecca said...

Sounds great...all the best to you and your husband!

Not in the Water said...

May 5th, huh? I will have a margarita for you to celebrate the heartbeat! YAY!