Thursday, January 29, 2009

3 months.

Carter is 3 months old today! He is growing so fast. I am truly priviledged to be his mommy and to be there for each and every special moment in his life.



We started him on rice cereal this week and I must say the nights have been so much better! We put a tablespoon into his bottle before bedtime and we have almost doubled our sleeping time! He wakes up about every 5 and a half hours. It is kind of weird waking up on my own, looking at the clock, and falling back to sleep!

We also switched his formula from NeoSure to Similac Sensitive. It seems to agree with him. No major gas incidents. My baby is just growing up so fast! Looking at him, you'd never be able to tell he was a preemie. He is out of preemie clothes, done with preemie formula, and weighs over 10 pounds! I am such a proud mommy and I have a blast with him every day!

Yesterday, a man at Steven's work brought us an almost brand new excersaucer! We tried Carter in it but he is still a bit small. We packed him in with a blanket, but his arms are too short to reach the toys...I give it a few more weeks. They also sent us a bunch of baby food that their baby no longer needs. I may let him try a bit in a couple weeks, since he is getting so much stronger. He definetly loves to eat and is doing well with the rice cereal, so we will see! Every day is an adventure.

We are pretty darn excited about the big game this weekend! Tomorrow I am going out to get all the decorations for our party. I can't wait! I go all out whenever I decorate my house. Right now, I have my Valentine's Day decor up, so that will come down for the weekend. I will be sure to post pics of all the festivities...especially my infamous Super Bowl sign. I make one every year. I'm no artist, but I work very hard on it and I'm usually quite proud!

Now I'm off to get the invitations to Carter's dedication ready to go. I have a few addresses left to write out. Fun fun!! Have a good night!

7 comments:

SAH_mommy2three said...

Yeah!!!! What a big boy!!! :):):)

Tara said...

Love the free hand-me-downs from people. I got a lot of stuff that way and it's saved me a bunch of money.

Happy 3 months, Carter.

Lisa said...

Oh, I loved watching him on the video. It is great watching him try to talk to the fishies. He is definitely growing so fast!! These are such great times and I am so happy you are able to enjoy every minute of them. It just gets better and better so continue to enjoy them!!

Tina said...

Happy 3 months Carter! Have a great Super Bowl. Would you just be mortified if you knew I never watched it and don't even know who's playing. ducking from the tomatoes that are most likelely being flung my way lol.

Morrisa said...

Happy 3 months Carter! How time flies. Sleeping 5 1/2 hours in a row sounds lovely...I wish I could say the same. :)

sara said...

Happy 3 months you little cutie! Isn't it crazy how time flies. I can't believe it!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy three months, Carter!