Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My poor baby.

Carter is sick. It started out with a dry cough on Friday and made for quite a miserable Super Bowl on Sunday...


The last 2 nights have been spent on the couch holding him as upright as I can while still being able to sleep. Most importantly, it keeps him comfortable. I called the pediatrician yesterday and they wanted to see him today. He has bronchiolitis. The doctor said it doesn't sound that bad and that it is totally normal for his age. She sent him home with a nebulizer and I have to do his treatment every 8 hours. Ironically, it is the only thing that calms him. Apparently, most babies hate it because they could not believe how still and calm he was during the whole thing.

I can't help but feel a little bit at fault. I am his mom and my job is to keep him healthy. I know that there was nothing I could've done, but I just feel awful. The poor thing will cough then smile...it breaks my heart to see such a happy innocent little angel so sick. I am thankful that he is taking things better today than he was on Sunday. I just want him to feel better.

We follow up with the pedi on Thursday...until then, mommy and Carter will be snuggling on the couch. Have I mentioned how much I love being his mom??

6 comments:

s.e. said...

It is so wonderful to see how much you are enjoying it all. You are an amazing mom and not to blame at all for Carter's illness.

Your baby blog is one of the few I still enjoy reading because your appreciation shines through each post. And love the photo!

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the pics!! Such a precious family! Praying sweet Carter is feeling better soon...
I know deep down you know it is not your fault, but that guilt just comes right along with being a Mommy!!! You are doing such a great job!! Hang in there!

Lisa said...

None of this is your fault. Babies get sick unfortunately and then it is our duty to take care of them and try to figure out what is wrong with them which can be difficult at times.

I hope little Carter is feeling better soon. What an excelent picture of the 2 of you!!

I do have a confession though... I was cheering for the Cardinals. I love seeing the underdog win. I guess the only good thing is that one of our own Buckeyes caught the winning pass for the Steeers!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tina said...

Beleive me I know how hard it is when your little ones are sick. I have thre sick little ones right now and feel like I have failed them.......ugh. The joys of cold anf flu season and it is especially hard on preemies.

Take care and just snuggle snuggle snuggle.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon. You are taking good care of him.

Sue Z said...

A sick baby is one of the saddest things in the world. But remember, every time he's sick, he will be building up his immune system so that he can resist these germs as he gets bigger. And of course, it's not your fault.