Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mr. Smiles



Carter started smiling socially last week and I wanted to share the joy that I get to see every day. He is such a beautiful and happy baby. I am so blessed to be his mommy.

Steven and I went on a date last night! My mom watched Carter while we went to Red Lobster. It was awesome and so yummy! We went out with another couple...it was nice to be around other adults. Since I am no longer breastfeeding, I decided to have a beer...which I got drunk off of! Its not too surprising since I have not had a drink since last March!!

We also went to Babies R Us because Carter needed some new clothes. He is fitting comfortably into newborn clothes and we just didn't get enough for him. We got him 2 sleepers, a fleece hoodie and pants, and jeans with a matching shirt.


He's just so cute!! Anyway, it was a fun night and I fully enjoyed it, but was also glad to get back home to my baby. Today, we are just lounging and ordering wings from Wing Street. I think its going to be our weekend ritual since "we" are on that no "fast food" diet, LOL!

We also got new phones today. Well, we ordered them...they're on their way. I am a huge gadget nut, so getting a new phone is like another birthday for me. Steven and I both decided on the G1. Its the phone made by Google. It is supposed to be comparable to the iPhone, so I am really excited to get my hands on it! It has so many cool features...and Google makes Blogger, so blogging should be pretty easy straight from the phone. I will surely write a review when it gets here!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Adorable!

It sounds like you guys are having a nice weekend.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice time out. I must say that Carter is TOO cute with his shirt and jeans and well that smile I am sure melts your heart every day.

Enjoy him!!

Stacemoe said...

Look at your Sweet Little Man!!! He is precious and it is so exciting when they start smiling!!! It is just so great and each month gets better and better...I am so happy you have this wonderful miracle!
Glad ya'll were able to get out...
Thanks again for the pics...he is one cute baby!!!
Have a great weekend!

sara said...

Date night sounds awesome - that was probably a well deserved break! His smile is too too cute! Very cool about the new gadget too. You'll definitely have to write a review :-)

Tara said...

We got out last weekend for a dinner and it was so nice - but always nice to get home to the babe too. You miss them when you're with them 24 hours a day and then you're away for an hour or two.

Love Carter's new duds. He's a cutie.

Anonymous said...

The date night sounded like a lot of fun! The G1 phone is supposedly awesome- my sister got it for Christmas & loves it. She is a gadget girl too. Love all the new photos of Carter!!