Monday, January 5, 2009

My drunk baby!?

To the advice given by my fellow blogger (and supermom) Tina, I just gave Carter his 1st dose of Gripe Water. I must say he finally seems happy and is acting completely euphorically drunk! He's just staring and smiling! I am crossing my fingers and toes that we have finally found our remedy for Carter's hurty farts!!

Thank you all for your encouraging words yesterday. I just felt so helpless. I know every mother has their days, but I didn't realize how bad it could be. I am now feeling much better and I am ready to take each day head-on...good, bad, or ugly! That's what motherhood is all about and I am just thankful that I am blessed enough to know!

5 comments:

sara said...

I'm so glad that the gripe water worked - you are a great mom and don't ever forget that sweetie! Carter and Brynn must be two peas in a pod because she had an umbilical hernia as well and loves her same seahorse! Isn't that crazy? Or it must be because we are two cool chicks that we have two similar cool babies :-) ((hugs))

Stacemoe said...

Glad you are feeling better and sweet Carter seems to be better too! Hopefully the gripe water will do the trick!!! But as you said, you are blessed to have a fussy baby than no baby at all....I tried for 3 1/2 years to get pregnant and even on the hardest of days, I was still thankful and trying to keep things in perspective!

Lisa said...

YAY!! I am so happy that Carter is doing well. I know how big of a relief that must be for you.

Just don't ever forget that you are a wonderful Mom and we are totally human and we can off days.

Have a great week!!

Tina said...

You are too sweet, but I am no supermom :P

I am so Happy Carter is feeling better. Too bad we weren't closer you could bring him to my house an d have a nice break.

You are a WONDERFUL Mom.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, good! We have Gripe Water here too. We tried Mylicon drops too and they worked quite well. I thought they were easier because I didn't have to get as much into her. But if Carter will take the Gripe Water easily, it looks much better. (And I tasted it and it is pretty good.)