Monday, January 12, 2009

My BabyBjorn.

I just got my babybjorn today! I haven't used it yet because Carter has been in his swing...all day - - yes!! LOL, I put him down and he is OK with it!!!! You can imagine my excitement!

Carter had his Synagis this morning. The new nurse was very cool and she helped us figure out a few tricks for when Carter's gas hurts him. When she gave him the shot, he cried so hard. He is usually so tough, so I knew it really hurt. After that, he fell asleep in my arms until it was time to eat. I fed him and he cried so I put him in his swing and he watched Yo Gabba Gabba and fell asleep. My poor baby!

I am going to get some housework done. I'll post about the carrier as soon as we use it!

UPDATE: As far as the gas tips...she listened to Carter and said "he is definitely gassy from reflux." She said he was showing what is known as Strydor and said to hold him vertically, facing out with your hand holding his belly. He was crying and she showed me...he immediately stopped! She said all 3 of her kids had colic and something about that hold just makes everything better. I am going to try him facing out in the babybjorn and just support him a little extra...to mimic this hold. Hopefully it will be easy for me in my wheelchair.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Let me know how you make out with the Baby Bjorn. I've had some trouble with mine - first figuring out how to get Ruby fitted in it (she is a bit floppy in it) and second because she is so close to me she can smell me and it makes her want to eat and she gets mad.

Taylor & Krisa said...

Do share the nurses tips on gas!!

Tina said...

A tough day for Mr Carter, tuckered him right out!

sara said...

I hope you like it too! I've tried a few others wraps and I must be a clutz because I just find some of them difficult if you have to do too much of the wrapping or making snug on your own. I bought one other one and it krinks Brynn's head at a weird angle. Perhaps when she is a month older it'll be better? It was only like 20 bucks so at least it wasn't too much money like the Bjorn was more.

I agree with Taylor and amp:Krisa any gas tips are greatly appreciated. I'm following your lead on the gripe water. It's like I wonder about a topic and the next day your blog talks about it, LOL! ((hugs)) Oh yeah...poor Carter, the thought of him and shots makes me want to cry too! Similar to Meredith's little boy....He's kind of like a little virtual nephew of mine :-)

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love my sling. I hope yours works out as well for you!