Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm so confused...

OK, I am confused. I bound myself with Ace wraps. I put cabbage in my bra. I made it to 2pm yesterday until I felt like I was going to die...

Today I didn't do any of those things and I haven't pumped yet. It is 7:42pm. I am not even feeling full. I think maybe my pumping twice a day for the past week finally kicked in. I pumped once a day Thursday and yesterday...so I might be doing OK. I only want to pump when I am in pain, so I think I will let sleeping dogs lie. I will just put an extra pad in my bra tonight...maybe I won't leak much.

Carter's pacifiers came today. So far, so good! He took an hour nap earlier and it never fell out, which usually would wake him up right away. He had a hurty fart earlier and managed to keep the paci in for the cringe at the beginning and the 10 second cry at the end! Then he just resumed sucking on it like nothing happened! So, I give the Gumdrop Pacifier 2 thumbs up!

OK...we are expecting our delivery from Wing Street any minute. Steven's New Year's resolution was to eat no fast food. Please don't tell him pizza and wings would be considered "fast food"...otherwise I will starve to death!!

In the meantime...Carter is watching Noggin. I swear that's the face he makes when any show with vibrant colors comes on. If we turn it, he cries!


(He's playing a memory game that came on between Backyardigans and WonderPets. He totally knew where the pink flowers were!)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Have you tried some cold meds? I know something in them will help dry up your milk. Not exactly sure what. Hope you feel better soon!

Stacemoe said...

Pizza and wings!!! YUMMY!!!! Hope you enjoy your evening and the drying up continues to go well.....

Tina said...

Great job Momma, you are a natural!

Lisa said...

Sounds like things are going great. Carter looks like he is zoned with Noggin. Cameron loves the blue bird on commercials (Zee). That little bouncy chair or whatever he is in is really nice. He has it made in the shade!! Hope that things continue to go well with drying up!!

sara said...

What an absolute cutie! He totally looks like he is so into that show. Wonder what they're thinking at different moments? I'm going to check out those pacifiers. Are they only available online? I haven't seen them in any stores in the past I don't think. I'm glad that the boobs are doing a tad better. I hope it's smooth sailing ahead.

Yum, pizza and wings....totally not fast food, LOL!
xoxo

HereWeGoAJen said...

Carter is so cute! I love his little chair picture.

Sue Z said...

When I consulted La Leche, years ago when I was nursing, they told me that it takes 3 -4 days for the milk supply to change ... either up or down. It sounds as though your milk supply is slowly dwindling. If you pump even less often, it will decrease some more. You are on your way to being lactating free!