Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2 months and 4 shots.

Carter had his 2 month well visit today with the pediatrician. He was weighed there last week and was 8lbs 1oz...so I wasn't expecting too much of a change. Well...if you call 10oz not much of a change!! Yes that's right. Carter weighs 8lbs 11oz!! He gained so much in 7 days! He is now 21 inches long. Last month he was 18 in.

The doctor said he is gaining great and is in the 3rd percentile for full-term babies! Only 1 more month of the NeoSure and we can switch to Similac Sensitive!! She did admit that it could be the cause of his gas...finally! I will try to continue as she wants, but if the Gripe Water stops working, I'm throwing in the towel. Carter's comfort is a big priority to me. Anyway, she is very pleased with everything. She even mentioned how small his hernia is. That made me feel very relieved.

He also had his 2 month shots. He had 4 injections and 1 oral medicine. He screamed from the oral and only cried for a few seconds after the actual shots! I cried longer than he did!! He was such a little champ. Now, we just have to get through his Synagis on Monday. Yuck!

Overall it was a good appointment. Carter has been sleeping pretty much all day. He woke up twice to eat and get his Tylenol, but other than that, he's out cold. It's kinda nice to have some down time to check in here and to watch TV. Now if I could just get my husband to relax right next to me...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I hated that they always had to get so many shots, but the only good thing about them get older is that they have to get less shots.

Glad to hear that your little camp is doing so well. Momma is evidentially doing something right.

Tina said...

Oh yuck shots not fun. sounds like Carter was a trooper! You both are doing such a marvelous job as parents and should be very proud of yourselves.

Stacemoe said...

I am so happy your appointment went so well!!! Glad Carter is growing so much! I know that puts your mind at ease....Praying he recovers quickly from all his shots!