Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mommy's little superstar...




Carter is continuing to kick butt in the NICU. Today, his nasal canula was taken off and he is breathing room air all by himself. We were able to hold him! Oh my God...what a miracle! I wanted to run away with him! Steven held him and they asked if one of us wanted to attempt to bottle feed Carter some of the breastmilk I had pumped. I let Steven do the honors. They were hoping that he would eat 4mL...he ended up taking 6mL! The doctors had mentioned that they may place an NG tube so Carter can get the extra nutrience he needs to gain enough weight. But he is eating out of a bottle, which is a huge feat for his age. We are so proud of him!

The doctors are putting him under the phototherapy lights for a few days because he was looking a little jaundice. So, he'll be gettin' a sweet tan until they say he is ok to come out! In any event, Carter is exceeding all expectations and we can't wait to see what he does next!

14 comments:

Morrisa said...

Wow, you really do have a little miracle, but we already knew that anyway! Congrats!

Tina said...

Way to go Carter! You look so wonderful holding him. You look like such a proud Momma.

Congratulations again.

s.e. said...

What great news! From my medical training for speech therapy, I do know it is amazing that little Carter is not having more feeding concerns. You definitely have yourself a superstar. And you look great too!

Taylor & Krisa said...

I can't get over how big that diaper is on him! He's such a handsome little man and I'm so glad you are all doing well.

Stacemoe said...

What a Mighty God we serve!!! Carter is so PRECIOUS!!!!! I am so happy he is doing so well...All three of you look wonderful. He is prefect...Praying he continues to eat well and pass all the doctors expectations.....

Miss Mac said...

I started following your blog a couple of weeks ago & want to say congratulations and what a sweetie! Best wishes & prayers for your little man to grow stronger each day.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Congratulations on your beautiful son! You both look so happy and I am delighted for all three of you!

Lisa said...

WAY TO GO CARTER!! Your Mommy is a strong woman...afterall, she went through an awful lot to have you so you must get alot of that from Mommy : )

I am so very happy for you Candi. You look like one very proud Momma and you have every right to be. He is just absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for you. What a little eater too. That is great news!! I love hearing all of your great news...please continue to keep us posted as I love hearing it!! ~ HUGS ~

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so happy that he is doing so great! That's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

He is so Precious...Can't wait to see him in person when he gets to come home....Which if he keeps up the way he is going it is going to be sooner than what we think! You look great and soooooooo happy!

sara said...

Go carter go!!!You have and amazing mommy and daddy Carter - no wonder you're rockin it out and by passing all of those other babies in the NICU! ((hugs))

Jamie said...

This is amazing news!!!!! I am praying for Carter to continue to be the miracle baby! I hope that you are feeling well!!! Much love!!!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations! Hope that Carter gets to go home with you very soon. Best wishes to all of you!

Mike and Dee said...

Congratulations on Carter's surprise arrival! I'm so happy for you and your husband and am really glad things look good. It's scary to thinkI can go at any time too since we have the same due due date! Carter is absolutely precious and adorable and I wish you every happy moment possible. Keep posting pictures!