Friday, October 10, 2008

30 weeks!!

(Seriously...can I just have 1 pic where my dogs act normal?)

Yay!! Less than 10 weeks to go! I am elated just thinking about it!! I can't remember what it feels like to take a deep breath. Not that I am not truly blessed to be pregnant, but after 7 months of it I am definitely ready to be done. I just want to hold Carter in my arms and never let go! I just pray for a safe delivery and a happy and healthy baby.

I don't have another OB appointment until Thursday, then I assume I will need to be seen every week. It stinks because the clinic I go to is a 30+ minute drive, depending on traffic. Thankfully, I won't be making the trip too many times before I deliver. My OB wants to induce a week or two ahead of time if I make it that far, to avoid me going into labor at home. The plan is to get the epidural in place before the contractions start, to avoid something called Autonomic Dysreflexia. All that means is that my body, being that I might not be able to feel the pain in the way other women can, has to react somehow. So, to tell me that something hurts, my body will use other ways of getting my attention, such as raising my blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and other things. This could be very dangerous because it could potentially cause me to have a stroke. It is different for everyone...so it is hard to predict how my body will react to the pain. Giving the epidural before we even get to that is a good way to keep both me and Carter safe. So, on Thursday I will probably meet with the anesthesiologist as well, since he will play a very important role in my labor and delivery. It is kinda scary for me, but they have all done this before and know what they are doing. I trust them 100% and I am so excited to get it going soon.

13 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy 30 weeks!

I have to drive a lot to get to my clinic too. It is annoying!

Tina said...

You are nearing the homestretch now. The birth of the first baby is so special. don't get me wrong each child is amazing but the first one is incredible. When you see that little person your world changes forever. I am so excited for you.

Stacemoe said...

Yeah 30 weeks!!! Praying for all 3 of you from Dallas....The new blog layout is precious!!!! I have been reading the posts on google reader the last few times, but actually clicked on it today and saw the new layout, so I could leave a comment. Ya'll will make wonderful parents and Carter is blessed to have you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

CJ said...

Very interesting. How are you able to drive? Just wondering. It's so hard to take a deep breath, I know!

Lisa said...

I am very happy for you. You will be in awe when they put little Carter in your arms for the first time. Just soak it all in and enjoy it. I will pray that all goes smooth for you...

Not in the Water said...

I love the pic...you look wonderful. But not as wonderful as the dog ass :) I swear they do that on purpose!

Got a funny pic of Big Guy holding our cat. Have it printed at costco...and THEN we notice his wee wee was out :)

Not in the Water said...

Can I clarify that the cat's wee wee was out? Not my DH's!

Paula Keller said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm feeling a little more sane today. :)

I must confess, it's been a while since I've been to your blog. So I was super excited to see that you are sooo close to delivery! Your belly is just darling! I hope that it is an easy delivery, well as easy as possible.

sara said...

You and I do rock with our messed up utes and for being past the 30 week mark! Seriously....that is freakin awesome! So interesting what you say about the autonomic hypereflexia. When I worked in ICU as a nurse I didn't have much knowledge of it, but when I went back for the CRNA program they spent a large portion of one semester on lectures regarding that. They spent so much time on it for all the reasons you mentioned, since we spend so much time doing spinals and epidurals - and also just some of the anesthetic implications even for other cases.

I'm glad that they are being so careful with things and planning so well ahead. It sounds like you are in great hands. Things always run smoothly when there is planning like they are doing in your case - and it sounds like you have some great docs. I'm so happy that things are moving along well for you and you're on the home stretch!

JW Moxie said...

How cute are you? I can't believe that you're already 30 weeks along!!!

Morrisa said...

Yay for 30 weeks! I'm not far behind you! Does your doc have an exact date he wants to induce yet?

Jen said...

You look great!

The Boncoddo's Blog said...

You look amazing for 30 weeks! I still can't force myself to put a picture of my big belly on the internet. One of these days I'll have to. I hope you have fun at your upcoming showers!