Saturday, October 25, 2008

Still hangin in.

We're still hanging in there. My mom offered to stay with the dogs tonight, so Steven will be with me. Praise God. After last night, I couldn't stay alone again. I cried, I was lonely, and I felt so far from home. Finally my cousin (my L&D RN) came in at 3:30am with Benedryl and that knocked me out...until the OB came in for morning rounds at 6. After that, I couldn't fall back to sleep. I called Steven at 8 and he grabbed some extra things that I left behind and joined me up here. I just started bawling when I saw him. I am so happy he is here.

I still feel good. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor for about an hour earlier. Carter is still doing great...totally oblivious. I only had 3 small contractions during that time and to be honest, I didn't even feel them. Fine by me!

We did meet with a NICU doctor, finally! Even at 32 weeks, they are not worried in the slightest. They said we will handle any issues as they come, but they expect Carter to do very well. We both feel much better. I get my last dose of steroids at 7pm and that will make me feel much better even more! I am still getting antibiotics in my IV 4 times a day, since my water is broken. Carter will stay in longer if we can prevent infection, so I am allowing them to poke me as much as they need to...even though I hate it!

I am still leaking fluid with a little blood, but they are not worried by it, so we are just playing it by ear right now. I will update as soon as I have new info. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments. They got me through my 1st 24 hours...and that means more than you will ever know. I love you all.

14 comments:

Not in the Water said...

I hope you can relax as much as one can hope with the situation. I am glad Steven is with you and makes you feel better!!

Tara said...

Alright, time to get through the next 24 hours now.

Keep up the good work!

Sue Z said...

My sister is a NICU nurse in NJ ... she said that 32 weeks is not "scary early" ... in fact she considers it to be a big baby!! Yes, things can go wrong and longer is better but you have made it to a good point. Relax, pray and continue to enjoy your journey.

PS I found your site months ago when doing research about IVF in order to be of support to a coworker who was undergoing the procedure. She is 29 weeks now! You have been an inspiration to her!

Wishing you and your family all the best!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am glad things are looking up a bit! Hang in there, you are doing great.

The Boncoddo's Blog said...

Good luck with everything, you and Carter are in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time =)

Anonymous said...

I hadn't read your blog in a few days and had a feeling about you. I am so glad you're hanging in there. Don't fret - you ARE keeping Carter safe and have not anyone down (you're a mom - you can NEVER truly let anyone down.) Let the hospital pamper you. Prayers and good thoughts are with you. Hang in there. :)

Jamie said...

Hang in there, Candi! You will be great! I am saying prayers! Much love!

Stacemoe said...

Glad Steven is able to join you and you are doing a little better...I pray your spirits remain high...I know you know God is in control and completely trust Him in the timing of when Carter will arrive....I know it is scary though, none the less...praying peace for you and rest during your stay in the hospital....

Annie Kates said...

Candi- Many prayers are heading your way!. May God keep you all safe as Carter makes his way into the world. You are so much stronger than you think. You are such an inspiration. Keep hanging in there.

sara said...

Sweetheart - I am so sorry I am not seeing this until Sunday to post a reply. You are doing so well - you have done SOO much for Carter. You are already a great mom and have not let anyone down. The strength it takes to have come the journey you have is not something many people would be able to do. Be proud of yourself - I am so proud of you and all you have given of yourself. I so wish I could reach across this computer screen and give you a real hug - or that I could get to you to be your cool hospital mate down the hall in L & D or something.

sara said...

You are so right about the fact Carter is going to do great from this point on no matter when he comes. But i understand the want to keep him in as long as possible. So I hope that he hangs out for a bit more and you get all the time you so want for him. I took some benadryl myself last night here at the hospital and was completely knocked out as well. I think my nurse gave me 50mg IV instead of the normal 25mg because it really kicked my butt. But the rest felt so good! The night before I did what you did where I had some and a few hours later woke up and couldn't sleep then. That's frustrating. I won't tell you to hang in there because I know you're doing the best you can already. Just know you're constantly in my thoughts and prayers and I just wish I could do more than send you a blog reply, you know? If you ever want to email - I'm always here to listen. My connection has been better lately so hopefully I'll even get it the same day, LOL! So lots of hugs once again - I wish I could do more for you sweetie!!!

Lisa said...

Just thinking of your and little Carter. Letting you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

sara said...

I know I already wrote you yesterday on here - but i wanted to say that you are the first person I thought of when i woke up this morning and the first person I said a prayer for sweetie...

Tina said...

It's tough being alone. I have spent many night shifts with lonely Moms who are scared. you are doing wonderful. I wish IO could be therev with you.