Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another close call...

I just got back from the hospital. When I talked to my cousin the other night when I was having those fluid issues, she said not too worry too much unless I had any funky discharge. Sure enough, this morning when I woke up...funky discharge. It was unlike anything I had seen before, so I got nervous. Steven, of course, began panicking. I sent him off to work and promised I'd call the doctor and keep him updated. I called the doctor and his nurse said that I needed to be seen in L&D. They wanted to make sure that my water had not broken and that the discharge didn't have anything to do with my mucus plug. We got there and they hooked me and Carter up. I was having no contractions and Carter was just dancing away. My OB came and checked my water and said that I looked "dry" but wanted to do an ultrasound anyway. He brought in the machine and said that my fluid was very low. Had it been any lower, he said we would have to deliver right away. So, he let me come home, but wants to see me Friday to check again. Please pray for me. I am not ready to have this baby just yet.

On a lighter note, the nursery is done! Everything looks so great. I could just sit in there all day! I will post pictures later...I promise!! Right now, Steven is taking some much deserved Xbox time and I am still refusing to get up! I will have him get some good pics when he gets done killing terrorists. (He's playing Call of Duty 4.)

7 comments:

Tina said...

Oh I can't wait to see some pics. That cracks me up about Xbox time. I'm curious what's his game of choice.

I play a mean Guitar Hero. My older boys think I am so cool I can play on hard and kick all their heinies as well as their friends. ROCK ON!

Hang in there you are doing a great job Momma. Carter will be here very soon I am so excited for you.

Lauren said...

OMG! I am such a slacker blogger friend! Sorry for all the scares lately! Just think you will be holding little Carter before you know it!Lots of prayers headed your way for a safe and uneventful delivery for baby and momma! :)P.S. Can't wait to see picks of the completed nursery! :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad things are still okay! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy drinking all those liquids that I am sure they are making you drink.

JW Moxie said...

I'm so sorry! I had no idea that all of this was going on! I hope and pray that the fluid levels rebound and you can keep Carter in for a while longer yet! I'm thinking of you!

Lisa said...

Keeping you in my prayers that little Carter doesn't arrive just yet. He needs to hold off on that Grand Debut just a little while longer. I can't wait to see nursery pics... I use to love going into Cameron's nursery before he arrived. This is all something that you worked hard for so enjoy every minute of it!!

Sully said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Carter - hang in there!

sara said...

Sorry I'm way behind on keeping up with stuff - but I'm really sorry you have to have these scares. I hope that your levels are stable on your scan on Friday and even if they can just hang out for a little while longer I know that'll make you feel better I'm sure. On Friday you'll be 32 weeks and that is awesome! Although I do realize how even though everyone will tell you that 32 weeks is a good spot to be at - you as a mom would want a few more. So yes 32 is great, but I'm hoping and saying a lot of prayers for you that you have a least a few more weeks of keeping Carter on the inside. Lots of prayers coming your way as well - thanks for all those you've sent our way. ((lots of hugs))