Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beating the odds.

We've gotten through another day! Today was actually a very good day. I am officially done with IV antibiotics, which is great because I hate IVs! I should be able to have it taken out tomorrow when my OB gets here. Of course I will have to get another when I actually go to have the baby, but the break will be nice!! I hate everything about having a needle sticking out of my hand.

My OB came in this morning and said that we have beaten the odds today. He told us that 80% of women give birth within the first week of their water being broken. Today is 1 week and Carter is still snug inside. He is handling things well, so we are just having daily NSTs to be sure that his cord is not being compressed...which can be a concern with low fluid (about 1 in 100 pregnancies). I am still leaking, but it is being monitored and things are still looking OK in that area. There is still a little blood mixed in, but my OB isn't convinced that it has anything to do with my placenta. He said that we are doing good...but to be prepared to go at anytime. I honestly don't feel that Carter will be making his big debut yet. The OB said that if I do carry him to 34 weeks, which would be November 7th, we will induce. He thinks that with the steroids given, Carter will be just wonderful by that point. That way, we don't stand anymore chances of infection. So...by next Friday, I will be a mommy!

Once again, thank you all for your positive comments. I have been reading them over and over to remind myself that I can do this. Blogger friends are truly family and I love you all. I will continue to update as news comes in. Please pray that my uterus holds in my precious baby boy for the next 12 days.

12 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

You can do it!

November 7th seems so soon! I am excited.

s.e. said...

You ARE doing beautifully. I gained instant happiness for you after reading you will be a mommy by next Friday! And even if he comes sooner, everything will be fine.

I am proud of you for taking in all this and still thinking positively. You should know thoughts of you have been entering my head throughout the days. Today, I even shared your story to my mom while at a pumpkin patch. More people than you even know are sending good wishes your way.

Lisa said...

Ok, now that I just read your latest post... I have chills and tears in my eyes because I too remember the excitement I had when I was going to hold Cameron for the first time. You have had a long road and it will so be worth every single shot, ultrasound, and needle poke once you hold him for the very first time. I actually thought it was a piece of cake after I got my reward and my reward is still giving almost 2 years later and I am sure it will continue. Hugs to you!! Hang in there...

Jamie said...

Still praying!!! Hang in there, girl! Sending much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave you a lil somethin from me and tha dogs.... We love and miss you and cant wait to see you again... pops is takin care of us for now but cant wait to snuggle up to you in bed... good bye for now and we all love you soo much stay strong and know if ya cant pray for gods hands to help you stand... he'll keep you strong.. I Love you with everything I am
Love,
Your Boo

Stacemoe said...

I am so happy that you sound in better spirits today!!! You are doing AWESOME!!!!! November 7th is my 17 year wedding anniversary, so that is a great day to have a baby!!!! Praying Sweet Carter stays put till then!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.....

Morrisa said...

Holy cow! I can't believe by November 7th little Carter will be here! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. I am so so sorry that I hadn't been on to check your posts until today, I feel like a very bad friend. :(

Fiddle1 said...

You are doing great!!Not only physically but it sounds like mentally too. That speaks to your strength. Now it is just one day at a time. Keep your chin up!

sara said...

Yes! Another miracle baby coming on the way!!! I am so delighted to read this Candi, so happy. Sitting here eating jello grinning ear to ear and sending you yet another hug!

Beth said...

OMG, I don't read for a couple days and 1 of my blog friends that is due on my due date had a little boy & you how are due 2 weeks after me is going to have a little boy here really soon. I am so excited for you guys and you are being such a trooper by hanging in there. I am sorry you had to be alone at the hospital for awhile, I can imagine that is was lonely, but thank god Steven is there now!!! You are in my thoughts & prayers and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the baby to hang in there for a couple more weeks so he can grow & flourish!!!

Not in the Water said...

As I tell my cheerleaders....

Your knees are best friends...always keep them together!

Tina said...

Nov 7 th is my sisters B-Day....a great day to become a MOM. My Trio were born on Nov 5th. I am so excited for you!