Monday, October 20, 2008

Truly blessed.

We are home safely and I am still pregnant! Carter was such a trooper. Saturday was a very very long day and he did a great job. We got up at 8am and Steven, Corey (my brother-in-law), Kelly (my BFF), and I went to the mall. I wanted an outfit to wear to my shower and Steven was in desperate need of an entire ensable! I went to Motherhood and got a long sleeved t, a down vest, and my very 1st nursing bra...how embarassing! We were running late, so I changed at the mall and we headed to the shower.

Shower #1 was amazing. My mother-in-law went totally overboard for us. There was close to 50 people there and we got so many wonderful gifts. Our travel system, baither, tons of clothes, toys, books, gift cards...we got it all!! On top of that, everyone brought diapers and wipes! People really were generous and we are so so thankful.

On to shower #2 at my dad's. It was about a 40 minute drive...but I was too excited to rest! My dad got us our dresser and my breast pump, which was a nice surprise...but embarrassing seeing as it came from my dad! Everyone there was also extremely generous. We got more clothes, a sling, Boppy, and so many other things. Everyone there brought diapers and wipes, too! We seriously won't need to buy any for at least 6 months!!

Loading up the car was challenging. Steven went to walmart and bought 2 48 gallon storage bins. 1 was filled with clothes and the other was strictly diapers and wipes...both barely closed! Then we filled up 2 more baskets with gifts and Steven was able to fit everything into the Escalade like a giant puzzle! Bianca didn't have much room to lay.

I started having contractions on the way home and got very nervous. We were 5 hours from home. I drank water and they got better, but not completely. When I got home, I noticed that both of my legs were badly swollen from the knee down. I said a prayer and got in bed. I slept until 9:00am and asked Steven to stay home because I had had a little pinkish fluid in my pants last night...I was kinda scared that my water had broken, but I think my bladder is irritated and I may have tinkled a little and not noticed. I seem to be the queen of pants-peeing with this pregnancy! Anyway, I called my cousin, who is my L&D nurse and she said to watch it and if more comes, we will page the OB and get me right to the hospital. I was honestly scared because I knew I had overdone it this weekend. I am still in need of plenty of prayer.

Today, Steven and my friend Mandy went out to use the gift cards to get the rest of the stuff we needed. We got the glider rocker, Pack 'n Play, sheets, extra Boppy cover, car window shades, dishwasher baskets, and breast milk freezer organizer. All we have left to get is the monitor and swing base. Other than that, we are ready! Steven is going to finish putting furniture together, so the nursery will be 100% finished tonight! I will post pics as soon as we are done.

I have officially put myself on "recliner rest" until I deliver. Other than OB trips, I am done. I overdid it this weekend and scared myself (and everyone else) to death. I need to spend these last weeks of my pregnancy relaxing at home so I can deliver a strong, healthy little boy.

6 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

Sounds like you are prepared for Carter's arrival! Glad you're still hanging in there. Take care of yourself!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

That sounds like two awesome showers! It is nice that everyone was so generous!

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything settles down nicely for you.

Oh, that sounds like it might be a UTI. Those are massively common in pregnancy and can easily cause the pinkish fluid.

Stacemoe said...

SO happy you had a great weekend and you are so blessed to have so many people showering you with so much love!!!! :)
Praying for you as you rest these last few weeks and that sweet Carter stays put!!!!
Hang in there!!!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!

s.e. said...

I glad you were able to enjoy yourself before your self-ordered recliner rest. I can hear your appreciation and relief that you are truly ready for this. Now if Carter will just hold tight for a few more weeks everything will be perfect!

Thinking about you.

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Aren't the baby showers so much fun?!? I truly enjoyed mine and I loved getting all the stuff. That is great that you recv'd so many diapers and wipes. We were set with items like diapers and bath soaps and shampoos which was WONDERFUL. We still have tons of shampoo and baby wash left and Cameron will be 2 in January. It is great!! Oh, you will love the boppy pillow too... I couldn't live without that (LOVED IT).

Hope you are feeling better real soon. I had so many UTI's when I was pregnant and even spent a night in the hospital due to one that was pretty bad plus I had a kidney stone (not good at all). Rest up and enjoy this time and before you know, you will be holding that precious little miracle in your arms!!

Your friend,
Lisa

Tina said...

Yep sounds like you just need to chill for the last few weeks. Enjoy this loafing around because once your little man gets here loafing days are through......for the better of course.