Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Umm...wow?

OK, meds are here. If I wasn't such a talker...I'd be speechless! Actually, it worked out OK...some meds have to stay cold so they packed in an icepack. I was having a hot flash, so I saw the icepack and was like "how'd they know?" So anyway, we have the Follistim Pen with all it's lovely little cartridges and needles. That's in the fridge, next to the milk and the who-knows-what that's been in the Tupperware for at least 3 months. Anyway, then there's the HCG or "trigger shot" with it's ginormous needle...you want me to put that WHERE? Like, in my skin? It may come out the other side, but whatever. Then we have those lovely progesterone suppositories...for you-know-where (gag) and some weird antibiotics for after Egg Retrieval. I got some estrogen patches but the Dr. never mentioned them so I don't even know what I'm doing there. Guess I'd better call and ask. Either that or stick one on one of the dogs and see what happens. Very scientific!

All joking aside...when I opened the box, it was very overwhelming. I actually didn't know what to say. I knew what to expect, kinda...but to see it all laid out is definitely nothing you can plan for. Now that I have taken a second to breathe, I am so excited that its all here in my possession and its allllll mine!! Still about a week and a half before I start stims, but the important thing is that I have stims!! Bring it on!

8 comments:

JW Moxie said...

That big box of meds can be quite daunting, but still so exciting!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm very excited for you! Hooray for getting things started!

AddieLynn said...

Congrats on getting the meds! I think I'll post pictures when I get mine just b/c no one can possibly imagine. Heck, I can't even possibly imagine at this point what it all will look like until I see it with my own eyes. The great thing is that you have the meds, and you are ready!!! I'm so excited for you,and can't wait to start mine! Best of luck! How's the Lupron going? I hope it's getting better as your body adjusts to it!

Morrisa said...

I'll be getting my big box soon! Good luck!

Beth said...

You will have to post a pic of them like everyone else. Good luck with this cycle!

Not in the Water said...

Candi-

To make the shots easier.....Wherever you are giving them...Pinch really hard til it stings (get a good chunk in). Then give the shot...you can only feel pain one at a time. It worked for me!!

And thank you for your thoughts on my blog :) Just gotta move on!!
Kim

Not in the Water said...

Oh and patches are for after retrieval or transfer one of those...

Tina said...

I am a Nurse and I found all the IVF ovewhelming when I first got the.