Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Dirty (two) Dozen...

Just got back from my ultrasound. We have 24 big follicles!!! I am soooooo happy! I met with the RN after my blood work, which sucked bad because my arms are raw. She went over everything as far as what meds to take when, what to do before Egg Retrieval, ICSI, and everything else I need to know. She also tipped me off on a secret...she is almost positive I will trigger tomorrow night!! She said unless my blood or ultra sound shows a decline in anything, Egg Retrieval will be Sunday!! I meet with the doctor tomorrow at 9am to talk about everything and get a quick physical exam. She also told me to think about how many embryos we want to put back. Steven and I have already decided on 3, but she said to talk more with him because I have responded so well up to this point. We have to consider all 3 sticking and possibly splitting! Sextuplets? We are not Jon and Kate...we are Steven and Candi. Let's not confuse the two.

So...blood work, ultrasound, and physical exam tomorrow morning. Trigger tomorrow night!!!!!! Thank God I'm almost there!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! 24 is great. Good luck.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow! You are awesome! Good luck!

Maria said...

YAY! This is so awesome! You are so close now and with such a great response I see nothing but good things for you!

Beth said...

I am so excited for you. It sounds like everything is happening perfectly. I am with you on wanting to put back 3, I think I would want to do the same. Good luck in the next couple days.
Beth

Paula Keller said...

Wow! That is all very exciting! We are way ahead of ourselves, but we are so afraid of having a litter that we have already decided two is enough. I think. I guess...

Anyway, I'll keep reading. Good luck!

Not in the Water said...

You are just a big show off Candi...LOL Best of luck tomorrow. Just be prepared to rest after the retrieval I was sore in my tummy afterwards...not cramp like...more sore.

Good Luck!

Morrisa said...

Yay! What a great number! I'll be thinking of you!