Monday, March 2, 2009

This is where it all began...

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my very first IVF injection. Last year on March 2, I started my cycle with Lupron. I will never forget that day. So many emotions went through my head as Steven gave me that first shot. I was excited, nervous, hopeful, relieved, and scared...among many other things.

If you would have told me that this is where I would be exactly one year later, I probably wouldn't have believed you. Yesterday, my beautiful baby boy turned 4 months old. He is growing and getting smarter every day. I can't begin to express in words the love I have for him. I see such a bright future when I look into his eyes and I feel honored and humbled that God has given me the huge responsibility of raising such a precious miracle. Carter is my world and I am just so thankful that things worked out exactly the way that they did. I wouldn't change one detail.

As for my night without Carter, I did suprisingly well. I didn't cry at all...but I did wake up every hour, expecting to hear him through the monitor. Steven and I were able to enjoy each other without interruption, so that was nice. I can't remember the last time I went to bed that early!!

The floors are still not done! The guys are here now working on them. There is a chunk in the kitchen that isn't done, then the whole 3rd bedroom. They are hoping that it will be done today, but said that they might have to finish up tomorrow. This went from being a 4 day project to taking over a week. I am so glad its almost over. I will post pictures when it is all done and the house is clean and back in order...if the end is even in sight!!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy one year anniversary!

Tina said...

Amazing where a year has brought you.......just AMAZING!