Monday, March 9, 2009

A True Friend.

Last year, I was desperate to find other women going through my same situation. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't met Sarah at Gas Passer AKA UUer. I really can't remember how I found her blog, but I am so thankful to God that I did.

Having a Uterine Abnormality isn't really very common in the blog world...and definitely not in the offline world. When I found Sarah, I took comfort in knowing that I had someone who could relate to what I was going through. I got much more than that as we became friends. We both began our IVF cycles and talked daily, through our blogs or email. There were days when I wanted to turn back and give up, and her support (along with many others) gave me the strength I needed to get through. We both got our BFPs...and then the craziness began for us both...

Midway through both of our pregnancies, our uteruses (uteri?? uti??) began to turn on us. I began contracting at 5 months and my water broke at 31 weeks. Meanwhile, Sarah's contractions were full force and we were both admitted to the hospital. Sarah was placed on the world's most impossible diet and was on total hospital bedrest. She fought so hard for her baby girl, going through whatever it took to keep her safely inside. Her determination was amazing and it made me fight even harder for Carter.

After both our babies were born, we were faced with being NICU moms, which as many of you know, can be a roller coaster ride and bring you through every emotion humanly possible. Reading comments from my blog friends meant the world to me during this tough time...and commenting on every post, Sarah always had something to make me feel like everything was going to be ok...even when I thought it wouldn't.

When Brynn was in the NICU, Carter had already come home. I almost felt that my NICU days were still upon me as I read Sarah's posts about all of the ups and downs that her family was experiencing. I felt such relief when Brynn was released...and then she took a turn for the worse and ended up back in the hospital. I made it my mission to pray for Brynn's health as much as I possibly could. Sarah was a friend in need and I wanted to do for her what she had done for me when I needed it. Finally, the day had come and Brynn had been released...happy and healthy. She is such a strong girl and such a fighter. She absolutely got that from her mommy...and I am thankful to have been a part of their crazy ride!

Even now, as our little miracles grow, I look to Sarah when I have questions. I feel like I have known her all my life and she is one of my most trusted friends. As I was reading her blog today, I saw that she had mentioned me...and it brought tears to my eyes. Sarah, I wouldn't be the mom that I am if I had not witnessed all you went through. You gave me strength and an appreciation for the beautiful miracles in my life. Thank you.

4 comments:

Not in the Water said...

That's so friggin sweet. No it really is sweet. That goodness for the online world, huh?

Not in the Water said...

I meant THANK goodness for the online world.

sara said...

You are so absolutely sweet you've left me crying! I feel the same way about you. I am so lucky to have stumbled upon you - I'm not even sure how that happened. It's amazing how people you stumble on through something like the way we did can "get us" so much better than even some of the people we've known for years in our lives. Thank you...that just made my week during a time I was feeling a bit down. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were able to find someone to help you through the hard times. You are an inspiration. Also- I love the new blog design. The monkeys are too cute!!