Monday, March 16, 2009

Update

We just got back from the pediatrician. Hold on...let me tell you about my situation first.

I have a medial tear. The doctor explained that after having a vaginal delivery, your skin stretches, making it thinner and weaker. In my case, not being able to feel my actual skin down there as well as most women, a small irritation resulted in an actual tear. It has already started healing, so he gave me the choice of attempting to stitch it and it not work, or continue letting it heal on its own. To avoid any more Autonomic Dysreflexia, I decided against the stitches. He sent me home with some Darvacet and told me to give it 2-3 weeks to heal fully.

As we were changing Carter's diaper in the OB's exam room, I noticed a giant rash on his tummy. I asked the OB what he thought and he said "Its Roseola. Totally viral. They're gonna send you home and give you nothing for it. Bet me." So, I decided to call the pedi...just in case. Guess what...it's viral. They sent us home with nothing. Go B-Rad.

So, now mommy and baby are right where they belong...snuggling on the couch watching Octo-mom on Dr. Phil. We've had a rough day.

On a lighter note...I wanted to share this picture with you. Whenever Carter isn't feeling well, or is tired or crying, all I have to do is put my nose to his nose and he closes his eyes and falls asleep. Every time, without fail. This is by far my favorite part of being Carter's mommy. I love the bond that we share and no matter how old he gets, I will always remember snuggling noses with him.

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh that is so cute!

I'm glad you got all fixed up.

Anonymous said...

That picture is so precious. You can look back on it when Carter is all grown up and remember that wonderful bond that the two of you share. I am glad to hear that your "issue" is going to be ok. I have a friend that got her IUD taken out last week. She said that it was making her lose her hair and be a little on the crazy side.

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear that it is a tear, but glad it isn't anything worse. I love that picture of the two of you. Simply precious!! Great memories indeed.

Unknown said...

That is such a precious picture and memory. :) Glad to hear your doing ok. :)

Tara said...

We call that "Eskimo Kisses"!

Glad you're home and on the mend

Mike and Dee said...

Ohhhh! That made my heart tickle. I think if I tried that on Liam he'd bite my nose. Hope you are on the mend soon.