Monday, March 16, 2009

Off to the OB.

This post contains TMI. Read on if you want, but I clearly warned you.

I am getting ready to head out to the OB. Ever since I got my IUD, I have had excess amounts of discharge. At times, it almost looks as though I peed my pants...its that bad. This discharge has been causing little raw spots on my vagina. This weekend, I started getting symtoms of Autonomic Dysreflexia...which for someone with a Spinal Cord Injury is the body's response to extreme pain. I felt pain on my vagina as well, so I knew something was up. Sure enough, I have a tear. I honestly have no idea where it came from. It was fine on Thursday, and I haven't had sex since then, so it can't be that. I am in pain and at a loss for what it could be, so B-Rad wants to see me. I am fearing the worst...that the cause lies deeper than just the IUD. I am praying that it is something that can be fixed easy and prevented in the future. I am definetly having the IUD removed. My body has changed immensely since I got it and I just have a bad feeling about it.

Anyway, I will update as soon as I can. Please say a prayer for me.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hmmm... I am having similar issues. Very similar. Except I don't have an IUD. Will be interested to hear how your appt went.

Lisa said...

Hoping all goes well. Keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Hugs!

sara said...

Lots of prayers coming your way..I'm not too sure of what it could be. But I'm hoping that it's very easily treated and you're on your way to feeling back to normal soon. ((hugs))

sara said...

And autonomic dysreflexia??? Oh girl...please get better soon - I'm worried about you! Keep us posted when you're feeling up to it.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, no! Good luck, I am worried.