Saturday, March 7, 2009

Back to normal.

Our house is finally back to normal! Well, the floor people have to come back Monday to do the grout by the back door, but for the most part, we are done.

Living Room

Kitchen

Carter's Room

The pic of Carter's room was taken with my cell phone, that's why it is blurry. I will post pics of my room once it is painted and we get the new comforter put on the bed. Who knows when that will happen?? I am so glad the floors are all done. It was definitely a time consuming project, but it was worth it.

Everything is well in mommyhood. I think Carter is in the beginning phase of teething. He is drooling like crazy and everything that goes in his hands goes straight to the mouth. We got him a couple teethers and he seems to like chomping on them, so that is good. His favorite thing to put in his mouth is his Brobee. Then he apologizes with a snuggle.


I had my 4 month post baby OB appointment on Thursday. I didn't get my exam and pap because I had the flu this past week and still didn't trust all my bodily functions...ya know. I was like, "Look B-Rad. (His name is Brad...Steven nicknamed him.) I am advising you to not go anywhere near that particular region...its been a bit unpredictable." He agreed that we should wait until next month. Good idea. He is a bit concerned that the last period I had was when I got my IUD in December. He put me on Provera, which I am all too familiar with, and hopes that it will jump-start my hormones. I bet not. If not, he wants to do bloodwork to check my hormones. He really feels like I may be able to get pregnant on my own next time. How sweet would that be? I am not, nor will I ever be, convinced. I have too many cards stacked against me...but I will humor him. Before I left, he made me take a pregnancy test...just because I have missed 2 periods in a row. He laughed when I said "If that thing is positive, you may as well admit me now." Glad we can joke about my horrific delivery! So...next month, we will begin trying to figure out my body...pshhhh...did they ever find the Lost City of Atlantis? Bigfoot? The Lochness Monster? They did...right?

Anyway, we are just resting this weekend...after a crazy week. Hope you all are doing the same! Talk to you soon!!

8 comments:

Tina said...

Beautiful! I like the last photo the best I'm guessing the floor guys had nothing to do with that! LOL.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, the floors look great! Good choice on the wood.

Tara said...

Hi Carter Cutie Pie!! I like the new floors in your room.

Lisa said...

Your floors look great and I can't believe how big Carter is getting. He is so precious!!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks beautiful. I am a big fan of hardwood floors. We have them in the living room and hall. Carter looks adorable as always. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Anonymous said...

The floors look gorgeous!!

sara said...

The house looks beautiful! Those floors are so great...I just love hardwood. You made me laugh about getting pregnant again on your own. Wouldn't that be amazing? I always laugh when people tell me that I'll likely do that since it's the second time around. But hey, crazy things happen, huh? ((hugs)) Last night I had a dream you and I were on Big Brother as a secret alliance team. We both were HOH several times...we would make a kick a-ss team for sure :-)

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for posting pics! The floors look great...I know you are excited! Carter is so sweet and getting so big. Hope ya'll had a nice weekend.