Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where'd my baby go?

My little bear on his way to the pediatrician.

Mr. Curious playing in his Bumbo.

As Carter grows, I find myself wondering where my little baby went. He is getting so big and is making such huge strides every day. I know my little 3 pound preemie is long gone...and I am so proud of him every day. He amazes me.

Carter had his 4 month well-visit this past Thursday. He weighs 12lbs 3oz (10-15 percentile) and is 25 inches long (15-25 percentile). He had to have 1 oral vaccine and 4 injected...but they put 2 in each syringe, so he escaped with only 2 shots. As he was laying on the table, I grabbed his little hand. He looked at me and laughed...as I smiled back, he began his non-sense baby talk. All of a sudden, he stopped and at the top of his lungs, yelled "Ma!" My friend Mandy had come with us so I didn't have to take him for shots alone. We both just looked at each other wide-eyed! She's like, "Did he just say what I think he said? He was looking right at you!" I am really still having a hard time believing it, but I'm pretty sure my little angel has said his first word!! I am still waiting to hear him say it again...it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard.

I just got done paying some bills and ordering a second Brobee for Carter. I am nervous because he threw up on Brobee yesterday, so I had to put him in the wash. Well, the black on his eyes started coming off. I'd color it back on, but Carter puts Brobee in his mouth, so I really can't. In the event of the eyes coming off completely and looking totally scary, I can just make a quick swap...hopefully Carter won't even notice. He and Brobee are inseparable these days, so I'd better have an extra in case of emergency. I'd hate to witness the meltdown that would result in Brobee and Carter being taken away from each other.

"Oh Brobee...what would we do without you??"

This weekend we are going to enjoy some family time. I'd love to pop Carter in the Bjorn and go for a walk if the sun stays out. My mom is making her famous Chicken Paprika today, so we are really looking forward to that. I believe the boys will be watching Syracuse in the Big East Tournament later on...so mommy will be enjoying a movie and some chocolate by herself. I love my boys to pieces, but I must say that my mommy time is something I enjoy, too. Things can get hectic around here. But at the end of the day, I look at my family and know just how blessed I really am!

5 comments:

Not in the Water said...

MAAAAA!!! Wait til he's like 8 and it's like MAAAA she's hitting me... LOL enjoy!

JINXER

Stacemoe said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!! He loves his Mamma!!!!! It is so wonderful to hear and then about 10 years from now, it drives you nuts!! :) My daughter is now 12 and we tried for 3 1/2 years to get pregnant and she is our only one and just today has called for me a million times to do something or get something and it drive your crazy but I was seriously thinking to myself, "there was a day I didn't know if I would be blessed with a baby and soon she will be gone, so I need to cherish this!!!"
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

They do grow up so fast. I look at my two girls and wonder where the time went. One turned five in November and the other turns two next week. I sometimes pull out albums and look back at old pictures and just cry. How exciting that Carter's first word is ma! Both of my girls said mama before dada, which just melted my heart.

Taylor & Krisa said...

Go 'Cuse! I got my Masters from there. I am so excited about March Madness!

Sully said...

where did you get that Brobee? I need one NOW!!! And, I just love that pic of the two of you. Adorable.