Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Carter's 1st Overnight

This is what's going on in my house right now...

The kitchen this morning.

The kitchen now.

Our room almost finished, with Carter's furniture
moved in so his room can be done.

Our floors are being torn out and replaced with hardwood. My mom took Carter for the day because I thought the noise would bother him. I needed to stay here with the floor guys in case they needed something. I didn't plan for all the dust that would be left behind. My mom asked me if I wanted her to keep Carter at my aunt's overnight so he doesn't have to breathe in all the nasty dust and gunk in the air. After automatically thinking "No way! I could never spend the night away from my baby!", I thought about how terrible his cough was when he was sick and how I never want to hear it again. The air in the house is actually bothering me! I have been coughing and I am so stuffy from all the dust floating around. Steven and I talked and decided it would be best for Carter not to be here until the floors are done. I was going to go stay there too, but the lift in my truck is broken and my mom can't lift me up into it. I wouldn't be able to get back by 9am to let the floor guys in. So, I packed jammies, diapers, formula, and wrote Carter a note telling him to be a good boy for Nana and that I love him.

Ugh...its gonna be a rough night! Please say a prayer that I make it through the night without driving over to get him!! Maybe Steven and I will have a nice romantic night alone. (Bow chicka wow wow!) I will post more pictures of the house tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, it is so hard. I remember when I left Cameron for the very 1st time with my in-laws...ah yeah that wasn't until he was around 1 or 1 1/2 and still to this day he has only stayed with them for maybe 3-4 times. It is hard and I love him to be with me all the time. Your floors look GREAT by the way. I would love to have wood floors!! Enjoy your romantic night with your hubby and be a strong girl....or at least try.

Hugs,
Lisa

s.e. said...

I am smiling not at your pain of saying goodbye for the first time but that I read your last line as...

Boom chick a wow wow. Maybe I will post pictures. :)

Hopefully you will find wonderful distractions. Remember you are being a selfless loving mother and are already so strong. Have fun christening the new gorgeous rooms!

Not in the Water said...

I hope tonight goes quickly for you.

On a side note...what color floor are you doing? We want a wood floor in our kitchen but don't know whether we need to match the current cabinets...

HereWeGoAJen said...

Pretty floors!

Good luck with the overnight! You'll make it. Enjoy all the sleep.

Tara said...

I think this is probably the best reason for a first night away from mommy - because it's best for him.

Otherwise, it might be way too hard to do it, right? Like if it was because you wanted a night off because you were going out or gone somewhere.

And maybe after you've done it once it won't be as hard the next time and you can maybe do it for those other reasons.

Do I make any sense???

Tina said...

Oh spoken like a new Mommy. I would be like yes take them all LOL. Enjoy the night with Steve.

Bow Chica bow wow!!!!!!!!

Carter will be just fine. I know it will be hard but you made the right decision that dust would have been HORRIBLE for his little lungs.

Stacemoe said...

Boom chick a wow wow. Maybe I will post pictures. :)

You are so funny!!! Thanks for making all of us in Blogland laugh!!
Hope ya'll had a nice night...wink wink!!!
The new floors look great...I know you are excited!!!
I am sure Carter was fine, but I know it is so hard to let him go, especially this soon!!! You are such a great Mommy!!!!!
Can't wait for an update of how things went! Ya'll have a great weekend!!!!