Friday, November 28, 2008

A different kind of thankful.

Yesterday was my 1st Thanksgiving as a mom. I cannot even begin to explain how different it was for me. Before now, it was all about turkey, stuffing, pie, and sleep. Those things were all part of my day (except for sleep...what's sleep?)...but there was much more to focus on and be thankful for. I was able to look at my beautiful family and see what this holiday is all about.

I am so proud of my son for being such a strong little man...beating the odds so he could spend Thanksgiving with us even though he shouldn't even be here yet.

I am proud of my husband because he is the best father I could've ever given to Carter...I am truly thankful for all he does.

I am the happiest girl alive and I will never forget what my boys have helped me see this Thanksgiving. I continue to praise God for all of my blessings. My heart overflows a little more each day.

Please pray for my good friend Sara. Her baby girl Brynn is back in the hospital after a wonderful but short stay at home. They are both so strong and have been through a lot since Brynn's birth. Let's come together in prayer to get them back home where they belong.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It is strange how you see things so differently after you become a Mom. I can honestly say that I am so thankful for everything and never take anything for granted. I enjoy the holidays so much more and it becomes even better as your child gets older. I am happy that you had a Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving!! I too am keeping Sara and little Brynn in my prayers.

sara said...

You are too sweet! Thank you so much - an happy belated anniversary girl! Your son is so beautiful - it always makes me smile :-) ((lots of hugs))

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

Slacker Blog friend here! I apparently haven't checked your blog for a month...just long enough to miss the fact that you delivered your little miracle boy and struggled through to the amazing point you have reached! Congrats! You are a strong woman!My bun is still in the oven. I hope to be enjoying the bliss you know in just a couple short weeks when our baby boy arrives! Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Anniversary! :)

Lisa said...

I love Carter's new picture. He is growing up to be such a cute little man!!

Morrisa said...

You deserve every bit of that happiness! So glad to hear that Carter is still doing well and I promise to try and comment more often.

Making Babies said...

It's so wonderful to see these posts of yours. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside. Carter is getting cuter by the day. Make sure you check out my blog. I left you something there... :)