Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The end is here!!

Carter had an amazing 24 hours! Last night at 2am, our favorite nurse Don removed his NG tube. He is eating all by himself and was even put on an "ad-lib diet"...meaning he can eat however much he wants every 3 hours. No more forcing him to eat when he is tired! Now that he isn't being made to eat, he is eating more than ever! As of 2am, he weighed 4lbs 4oz.

Before we left the NICU last night, we had Don do the take-home checklist with us. We watched videos about car seat safety and CPR. That was it for what we had to do...the rest is all about the doctors. I think they realized that we were taking initiative because when we got there this morning, his hearing screen had been done, the car seat challenge was ordered, the circumcision paperwork was done, and the nurse practitioner came to give us the heads up that Carter will have his circ and immunizations tomorrow and as long as he is gaining weight on the new diet, he can come home!! We are guessing he will be released on Friday!!

Praise God for this wonderful miracle! And thank you all for your love and prayers!!

11 comments:

Sully said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Jen said...

That is wonderful news!

Stacemoe said...

God is so good!!!! I am sooo excited for ya'll!!!! Can't wait to see COMING HOME pics!!!!!!! :)
Praying for all three of you as you adjust to your new family of THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sara said...

Oh Candi - what an amazing day this must be for the three of you as your new family! Even though I haven't posted much - not a day has gone by that I have not kept you in my prayers. This post has left my heart smiling! Lots of continued prayers coming your way! ((hugs))

Making Babies said...

That is wonderful news!!!

Mike and Dee said...

Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you that he's coming home soon. I had to show my husband picture of Carter since he is sooooo cute. He is such a perfect little baby.

Beth said...

I am so happy for you. Good luck tomorrow w/ his procedure and immunizations!!! I am so glad everything is going so well, I can't wait to see more pics.

Lisa said...

HOW WONDERFUL. I am so excited for you all. I know how excited you must be to get him home and get him adjusted to thing. How exciting!! Can't wait to see more pics of your little miracle : )

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Way to go, Carter!

Anonymous said...

Candi, I am thrilled for you! God bless you and that sweet baby! Hope he's home soon!

Addie

s.e. said...

Spectacular. What a strong little man you have!