Saturday, November 15, 2008

Welcome home Carter!



Carter is finally home! Our first night was pretty rough, but we all made it through! The preemie diapers were rubbing on his circumcision and he was up every hour crying. As soon as we tried a regular newborn diaper, he fell right to sleep and we had to wake him to feed him. Now he is relaxing and feeling much better. The only issue we have now is that none of his clothes fit! Even the preemie clothes we bought are too big. Later on, we are going to Babies R Us to see if they have anything smaller than what we have now. I feel so bad for him...he's just swimming in the sleeper he has on right now! He is so cute!!

So...motherhood is more than I could've ever hoped for. My husband is such an amazing dad and I couldn't do any of this without him. Carter is truly our gift from God and I can't wait to watch him learn and grow. My heart is full!

10 comments:

Stacemoe said...

I am so happy for ya'll!!! He is such a miracle....he is precious!!! Praying he gets on a schedule easily and you are able to get a little bit of rest!!! I know you are enjoying every second!

s.e. said...

Oh my! Welcome home. My heart is full for you and Carter, too. He looks so absolutely precious. Enjoy it all!

Jen said...

Welcome home Carter! He is so cute! Babies R Us has a brand called MiniWear (or something like that) and they carry Preemies. Mine wore those for a while and seem to run smaller than your other preemie brands (at least in my opinion). BRU also carries Carter brand preemie stuff. There is a SMALL section at both BRU and Carters of preemie stuff!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Welcome home, Carter!

He'll grow really fast and fit into those clothes soon enough, I'm sure.

Lisa said...

Candi - He is absolutely beautiful and he looks very content being there at home. I love all of his dark hair. Wait til you take him out and everyone wants to stare at him and ask you about him...oh, you won't be able to stop smiling. I am sure you are one proud Momma : ) You have a beautiful baby and a wonderful husband from the way it sounds...could life be any better? Enjoy that miracle and thanks for sharing pictures!!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on bringing Carter home!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Carter!! He is absolutely beautiful Candi!

Sue Z said...

He is soooo precious! Did you make an imprint of his footprints? I don't mean for the hospital records ... but for yourselves? It would be interesting to see how much those feet grow in just the first year of his life.

I know that you're eager to dress him up (that's one of the most fun parts of having a baby!) but I think this little man is going to grow out of those preemie and newborn clothes really quickly!!

What a precious, wonderful time in your life. Savor each day. I know you are so grateful to God for this wonderful little miracle.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Carter coming home! He sounds like such a strong little guy already. I hope you find some clothes that fit, but don't worry if you don't... they grow into them so fast!! :)

Tina said...

I am so happy for you. What a special little boy for two amazing parents. What an incredible blessing. God is GREAT!

Welcome home Carter (sorry I'm a bit late:(