Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Carter's First Outing.

Carter had his first pediatrician appointment today. He weighs 4lbs. 9oz. and the doctor said everything looks great. We are just trying to fatten him up a bit. He goes back in a week to check his weight again. The doctor was very nice and was good with Carter. We are very happy with our decision.

After the appointment, we had to run to Babies R Us for diapers. The preemie ones we have hurt his circumcision (which is almost healed now!!) and our other newborn ones run big and he swims in them! The only ones that work perfectly are Pampers Swaddlers. We get newborn ones then fold them down. While at BRU, you know I can't just buy one thing! We got him a newborn pram because the other 2 he has are way too big. We literally bundled him up in blankets earlier with a fleece sleeper and hat because we had no pram that fit. I felt so bad. Anyway, I also bought a bottle warmer for the car because we brought a bottle to the doctor's office for his 11 'o clock feeding and it froze solid in the cooler! Luckily, the nurse gave us a cup of hot water to thaw it. I got Carter more blue Soothies because he keeps losing them. I also hit the motherload and found a Soothie clip!! I have been looking since before Carter was born!!!! We got a car mirror for behind the carseat, more preemie Dr. Brown's, and an extra Boppy cover. I have a serious BRU problem!! But its all needed, so its ok!

Tonight, my BFF Kelly is driving in from NY! I am so excited! She is seeing my house and meeting Carter for the 1st time. She is leaving Friday but I might lock her in the basement so I can keep her here!! It should be a fun week for all of us!

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Babies R Us is bad for my spending too. It is far away from our house though.

Beth said...

I am obcessed w/ BRU too. I can't wait to go and get all the final necessities we need. Okay, speaking of boppy covers, we have the sweat pea boppy pillow and 2 covers. I was thinking about returning one of the covers, so you think we need two? What should I do?
Beth

Lisa said...

Oh yes, Babies R Us is GREAT!! I love that store, but just need more money when I go there. Isn't it comforting kto know that you picked out a good pediatrician? I love our pediatrician and actually everyone in the practice is real good so I don't worry at all. Well, I hope you have fun with your friend. Enjoy your visit and have fun showing off that precious little boy!! Glad to hear that everything is going so well.