Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mommy's day out...

My BFF Kelly is here! She arrived on Tuesday night, bearing gifts! Her husband sent a swing, diapers, and an enormous box of wipes! Carter loves his swing! Its his new favorite hobby. Kelly has been a huge help. She has been taking care of Carter and helping us with laundry and housework. Tuesday, she even got up with him for all of his feedings! Ahh...sleep!! It was wonderful. I am so thankful.

Today, Kelly and I went to the house where A Christmas Story was filmed. It is our favorite movie ever, so we were totally excited to go there. It is actually only 25 miles from my house, but I have never been there because nobody else likes the movie as much as I do...besides Kelly! It was awesome! We were the only ones there because we went at 4pm on a Thursday. We got a private tour and were allowed to touch everything and take as many pictures as we wanted! It was seriously a dream come true for us! What a fun day! Now, we are home watching A Christmas Story. Things are so much different now that we've seen it in real life!



Kelly leaves tomorrow morning...I wish I could keep her but I'm sure her hubby and kids would miss her...darn! Anyway, we will spend tomorrow getting the house spruced up for Steven's mom, brother, and Carter's godmother. They will be in from NY tomorrow night. I love visitors!! I am so glad that everyone is able to come out to spend time with Carter! What a blessing.

5 comments:

s.e. said...

How fun is that? I must share with my husband. He is a lover of the Christmas story too.

Glad you are enjoying the company and how sweet of your friend to let you sleep!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am glad you are having such a nice visit! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Lisa said...

I am happy for you. It looks like you had ALOT of fun and I hope you got some much needed rest and help!! It is wonderful when friends and family can help you out especially since you are probablly pretty sleep deprived by now. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Mike and Dee said...

I'm so jealous! A Christmas Story is a classic and anbsolutely cannot be seen too many times. I look forward to watching it starting the day after Thanksgiving and any chance after that. I love the fact they have it open to the public.
So glad to hear Carter is doing well. I get to meet my three amigos next Friday. Woo hoo!

Not in the Water said...

OMG I LOVE CHRISTMAS STORY!!! My whole family does...there is a trivia game out there too!!

You should read Jean Shepard's books..they're great!!