Wednesday, November 26, 2008

BIG boy!

Carter had his 2nd weight check yesterday. Last Tuesday, he weighed 4lbs 8oz. The pediatrician said she wanted to see him gain at least a half-ounce per day. Yesterday, he weighed a whopping 5 lbs 1oz!! That is over an ounce per day!! We are so proud of our big boy! The doctor was amazed and said that Carter doesn't need weekly weight checks anymore! His next appointment is next Thursday and its just a normal 1 month well visit. I can't believe my baby is going to be 1 month old already. She also said we are ok to travel with Carter...so we are hoping to go to NY at the end of December! We are very excited!!

Steven and I also did something very romantic for our anniversary...we got our flu shots! The NICU doctors told us it would be a good idea, since Carter is so small. His immune system might not be able to handle the flu. I was a baby through the entire thing, but it got done!

Tonight, the boys are going to chill while my mom and I bake pies for tomorrow. This year, Thanksgiving has a new meaning for me and I am so excited to spend it with my new family!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

GREAT NEWS!! He is a good little eater and it sounds like that is paying off. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Way to go, Carter! And good job to you guys too, for taking such good care of him.

Not in the Water said...

YAY CARTER!!! Have fun today!

Stacemoe said...

Glad sweet Carter is doing so well!!! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving as a family of THREE!!!! God is so good and you are so blessed!!!!

tobacco brunette said...

I'm glad your son is doing so well. He's adorable.

I had to laugh - my husband and I got flu shots on our anniversary, too. Our son was born a few days before Carter and we found out he'll have to heart surgery later this winter, so we have to keep him healthy.

I hope everything continues to go so well with your little sweetie.