Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winding down.

What a week! Kelly was here from Tuesday to Friday. After she left, my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, aunt and cousin, and Carter's G-mom (Godmother) came in from NY. They just left this morning. It was a great week and I am so glad everyone got to come visit and spend time with Carter. They were all so helpful and let Steven and I get some much needed rest. Now we are trying to wind down and let Carter continue adjusting to home...since he only got 2 full days to do it before all our company came. Right now, my boys are "watching football" on the couch. ("watching football = taking a nap together".)

Aunt Kelly hanging out with Carter.

She even helped us catch up on some laundry!

As we are winding down, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have this beautiful family. I have the 2 most wonderful human beings sleeping on my couch right now and I thank God for thinking of me as worthy of the responsibility that He has given me. I am happier than I have ever been in my whole life and I can't wait to see what each day brings. Praise the Lord for these miracles!

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Carter is so cute! Enjoy your winding down!

Lisa said...

Life with your little miracle will only get better and better every single day. I was sitting in McDonald's today and we were eating lunch...my eyes filled up with tears because I truly never thought I would end up being a Mom. My dreams came true and life truly couldn't be better. You too will run into days like that, when you are just sitting around watching him, holding him, bathing him, feeding him or loving on him and you will realize more and more everyday that you are blessed. Enjoy it Candi - I know you will.

Just think... you have your little boy just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. What a wonderful year to thank God for all of your blessings (BIG and small).

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Your story gives me hope! After losing our son in February, we are struggling again with infertility. My first IVF just got cancelled last week...ugh!

sara said...

Yes he is a beautiful little miracle! He is absolutely gorgeous (although his mom is a beauty so I'm not surprised!). I'm glad you had some good company this weekend and I hope you get a chance to catch some quiet time before the holiday. Aren't these early days just the best? I'm completely in love. And when I flip to your site I get the same impression from your relationship with Carter. It puts me in such a good mood to read your posts! ((hugs))

Tina said...

God it Great. What a wonderful holiday season you will have. Enjoy this time it slips by so fast. I love reading you blog, the happiness and love is so contagious.

you are an incredible person.

Not in the Water said...

You make me cry :) God Bless you!!