Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Growing like a weed.

We had an appointment with a nutritionist at the health department yesterday to make sure the fortifier that we use in Carter's milk is doing its job. I also had to have my iron checked. It looked good, so I must be eating right. Carter was weighed and as soon as the number popped up on the scale, my jaw dropped. 6lbs 3oz?!? I was like "how much does his sleeper weigh?" The lady told me that she would say Carter weighed no less than 6lbs!! That would make it 15oz in 1 week!! He has his 1 month well-visit with his pedi tomorrow, so I am going to ask her how much longer we should keep him on the Neo Sure. He is gaining so much...maybe the breastmilk is enough.

Fed Ex just dropped off Carter's Synagis. The nurse is coming to administer it on Monday, so I had to put it in the refrigerator. For those of you who aren't familiar, Synagis is a monthly injection for preemies to prevent RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus). It is one of the major causes of respiratory illness in babies and preemies are more prone to it. So, Carter will need to have it every month for 1 year.

My blog won its first award, thanks to Making Babies! How excited am I to know that people enjoy reading about my everyday life?!

Now, I get to choose 5 of my favorites to pass it on to...
  1. Sara @ Gas Passer AKA UUer...my partner in crime. She is such a strong and amazing mother and we all could learn a lot from her and her baby girl Brynn.
  2. Lisa @ My Journey Through Infertility. I just admire how she adores her little man, Cameron. Go Buckeyes!! Hehe!
  3. Beth @ Taking Chances. Her and I got our BFPs around the same time and I have loved reading all of her crazy posts! I can't wait for her little Connelly to be born!
  4. Tina @ So Very Blessed. She is an amazing mother of 6 and I have gotten a lot of great tips and laughs from her blog!
  5. S.E. at Riding the Roller Coaster. This woman is a true inspiration. She has had such a rough journey yet always finds the silver lining. I always say she has a huge miracle coming her way. She deserves every bit of it.
Thanks for blogging girls! Make sure you put the graphic up on your blogs and pass it on to 5 of your favorites!

UPDATE: Oh my!! I totally didn't realize that Lisa gave me an award way back in October! So, technically that would've been my 1st award.


I was admitted into Labor & Delivery right after it was given, so I guess I just missed it. So sorry Lisa!! And thank you so much!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Way to Go Carter! He is going to be a linebacker in no time. Great job Momma!

You are to sweet to give my blog a shout out. You so deserve that award. We ALL can learn so much from you!

Stacemoe said...

That is great news!! Glad Carter is doing so well....Love the new pic on the sidebar..look at his beautiful eyes!!!

Lisa said...

Ah, you are so sweet to pass that award along to me... I will gladly accept it. I do however have to disagree with you when it comes to this award being your 1st award. I passed along an award to you back on October 22nd so you should check it out and add it to your list. I am sure you were a bit pre-occupied and probably just missed it.

Glad to hear that Carter is doing so well. He is such a BIG boy and sounds like he is definitely an eater!!

sara said...

Thank you sweetie! And grow Carter grow!!! That is freakin awesome about his weight and all the other good news :-) Brynn is home and she sends Carter a great big smooch and little baby hello!

Beth said...

Thanks for the award, I have it already posted on my blog and tagged others. I am glad Carter is doing so well, I love seeing pics, he is such a cute little boy!