Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So we don't get pregnant??

Lots of people were curious about why we were told to use condoms. It was weird to me at first too, I should have clarified...sorry! So, semen contains prostoglandins, which can make the uterus contract. To avoid that, Dr. A told us to either use protection or have "non-vaginal" intercourse...EXCUSE ME! YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THAT, BUDDY! Anyway, as the wheels in Steven's head were turning and my BFF Katie was bright red and trying not to laugh, I said "OK...condoms sound good." So, that's how it went down! You learn something new every day!

I bled a little bit last night. I called Dr. A and his nurse said that as long as it doesn't continue, its probably just irritation from the ultrasound. I checked a thousand times last night and it seemed to be good every time. That was very, very scary to see.

7 comments:

sara said...

Wow, I had no idea. I would have been like, huh doc? You want me to use what? That is so funny what you said about, you have to pay for that buddy! My OB doctor told me at last visit, no sex since I've had all this bleeding and cramping. He said actually since you're high risk for preterm labor, no sex the whole time since I have a short cervix as well. My hubby just looked at me wtih wide puppy dog eyes and said, "really?" I said seriously honey, would you want to make nooky and have something happen? We both agreed no, but I could see the wheels turning for asking about "other activities" Since I still have morning sickness, I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Blood is very, very scary to see. But as long as the doctor says that it is okay.

Morrisa said...

Wow, I learned something new from you today! If and when we ever do get pg I will be asking my RE about this!

s.e. said...

A Christmas Eve baby? What a precious gift. So glad you saw the heartbeat. That is a huge milestone!

The condoms thing is new to me too. It is so amazing what I learn from fellow bloggers. Glad your husband is excited though. My husband will steer clear from me until a baby is in our arms.

sara said...

Can't believe I missed your previous post, I just left you a message. Congrats on a great ultrasound!

Soapchick said...

Congratulations on the great ultrasound. That's funny about the condoms, I had never heard that. It's better than nothing for your hubby......which is what Sara's hubby is getting!

Tina said...

OK so the first part of this post made me laugh out LOUD!