Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A much needed Memorial Day mini-vacation!

Steven and I are heading to NY again this weekend. It seems like we were just there...we were. I know once the baby comes, we won't be able to just pack up and leave, so it doesn't bother me to do it now. Anyway, we are leaving tomorrow after Steven gets home from work and we'll be home Monday night. I'm sure Steven will enjoy his Corona at the picnic his mom is having, so I assume I will be driving home while he sleeps. Woo hoo for being the DD...only 7 more months of that crap! We are not bringing Bailey on this trip. Ever since we got Bianca in November, he really hasn't been able to run the house the way he used to. Every time he even tries, Bianca thinks he wants to play and jumps all over him. Plus, he will enjoy the quality time with his Grandma. They used to be inseparable until she moved to Texas. Now that she's back, he is just so used to being with me 24/7. Now, let's hope I make it to the freeway before turning back to get him!

Thank you all for your support and suggestions about Bianca. I will surely try them. Earlier today, I was in my recliner and she took a kamakazi leap and went paws-first into my abdomen. She caught me off to the side and luckily it didn't hurt. I literally went psycho on her. I am not usually for animal abuse...but my motherly instinct picked all 50 pounds of her up and threw her about 10 feet off of me. Then I proceeded to use a string of profanity that would've gotten me grounded for a month, had I been in high school. She just looked at me like she didn't know whether she should run or petrify right there. If I can't find a way to control her, Steven is going to have to Bianca-proof half of the basement and she will be spending her days down there...at least she is out of the "puppy" phase and calms down a bit. The only reason I'm not rallying to throw her out on her ass is because my dad raises boxers and I know what wonderful family dogs they are as adults. I also know that her actions are all typical of boxer puppies. I just thought I could handle her better.

So, I'm off to pack. I may not update until Tuesday. If I don't, everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

A mini vacation sounds like a good idea! Have a great time!

CJ said...

Lucky!! I want to go to New York! Can you pick me up a fake gucci for $20 and ship it to me???

sara said...

Hope you have a great and relaxing trip!

s.e. said...

Enjoy your weekend. You are smart to enjoy relaxing now!