Monday, May 19, 2008

aaaaaaand...EXHALE!

As much as I have been trying to avoid it, the stress seems to be getting worse every day. Some of it has to do with the people I am around during the day, but most of it is from the dogs and the way that they interact with people...Bianca in particular. I keep trying to remind myself that she is only 8 months old, but sometimes she just gets me going so bad. She is a jumper. She will run and jump up on people whenever she feels like it. She weighs 50 pounds, and whether you expect it or not, she can just about knock you over. Sometimes she will run and jump up at someone's hands and nip at them. She doesn't bite, but it still hurts. She also runs at full speed and jumps all over the furniture. We have leather furniture and it is now covered in claw marks from her. No matter what I do, she won't stop. When Steven is home, she doesn't do it...she knows she can't do it around him because he wouldn't have it. For some reason, she is just so bad when she is with me. I'm sure its because she knows I can't get up to discipline her. I don't know what to do with her. Will it ever end??

The stress level during the day is starting to concern me. Sometimes when I yell to stop the dogs from being bad, it literally hurts my stomach. I need to calm down, but I can't very well let my dogs jump on and/or bark at everybody that comes here...if I do, it looks like I don't care what they do.

I think I need to start getting massages again. I used to go once a week during IVF and it really did chill me out. It gets expensive, but it might make all the difference with this pregnancy. Let's hope so. Right now, I am going to close my eyes and try to remove myself from this stressful environment...pray for me.

7 comments:

Morrisa said...

Tell those little buggers to treat their mommy nice! So sorry your pups are stressing you out. I have those moments with my cats although it's mainly with them constantly knocking things over. Hope the stress gets better!

s.e. said...

Your dogs are preparing you for the patience you will need with your little one. Pets and kids always are more scared of their father. How frustrating though!

Making Babies said...

Sending you plenty of ~*~ peace and stress free ~*~ vibes....

sara said...

Sending you some prayers sweetie! I definitely second the motion for getting massages is a good thing. My OB's office has a spa attached (he opened one a few years ago) and they have a pregnancy massage. I'm going to go next week to destress a little. I hope you get a little peace and serenity soon, but don't let it worry you about affecting the baby. I have a feeling that the baby is a tough cookie like you, and instead of feeling your stress level is feeling your strength instead. Regardless, I do hope the stress feeling goes away really soon!

CJ said...

Sucks about your dogs!! Well my massage therapist told me the last time I was there was that it wasn't good to get a massage until after your 1st trimester b/c it has to do with the chemicals that get abosorbed my your body on the stuff that they used. It could harm the baby. I had told her I was trying when she told me this. So i would wait until after 12 weeks!! Good Luck with the puppies!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Ah yes, baby dogs. My suggestion is to get one of those electronic dog collars. The kind they have for hunting dogs have an electronic collar for the dog and a remote for you. Then you can discipline her without getting up. You know, consistency and all that.

And leather cleaner does a pretty good job on claw marks, as long as they aren't actually rips in the leather. We have two dogs and leather furniture. :) If the marks are too bad, you can try getting one of those pens that is the same color as your furniture and it will hide a lot!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hi,Candi,came over from Beth's blog and wishing your family all the best. My mom has two artificial knees w/limited mobility and she used a water spray bottle to discipline her standard poodle. Also, my dad walked the dog a bunch which helped alot too. Too bad you don't live closer to the Dog Whisper.er! Good luck with the puppies and destressing.