Thursday, May 8, 2008

My 1st OB appt...just another pregnant lady!

My 1st OB appointment is scheduled for Thursday, 5/15. I am excited to be treated like every other pregnant lady in the world! My cousin works in L&D at MetroHealth hospital, so she hooked me up with their best high-risk OB. Because of my paralysis, there is more to my case than just "get pregnant, wait 40 weeks, have a baby". I am hoping that he hears me out about opting for a c-section. I know I won't be able to push much, and I don't want the baby to have to do all the work during delivery. I have done a lot of research and I feel very strongly about it. We'll see what he says...not that it will change my mind.

Yesterday sucked!! I got sick in the car...while driving! Then I had to leave Babies R' Us because I felt queasy. I had a meeting to set up my WIC. So, I get there and start to get the lift out of my truck. I was halfway out, when the entire thing just died! So, here I am...hanging out of my car on the lift, with my chair completely locked in! I called Steven and he came with my other wheelchair and tools to fix the lift. So, I go into WIC and automatically get a headache from all the 16 year old moms screaming at their kids. I felt old and out of place. The appointment took about 2 hours. I got sick there, then hungry. I'm thinking "Take your time...I'm just dying of starvation"! Anyway, I finally got out of there, Steven had the truck all fixed. My mom had to bring fuses for him because apparently, mine were blown. I got home and found that my mom had made her famous mashed potatoes...my favorite! I hardly ate because I felt so crappy. After dinner, Steven and I watched Wife Swap and I fell asleep. Seriously, that had better have been the most dramatic and eventful day of my whoooooooole pregnancy! I can't do that again!!

I'm not feeling great today, but haven't dry heaved yet. Bailey is sick and threw up earlier...I almost tossed my cookies. Thankfully, my friend Katie took care of it for me! Now, I'm gonna go warm up some left over mashed potatoes and try again...wish me luck!

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That does suck. I hope you feel better soon. I hope Bailey feels better too.

Not in the Water said...

I hope you feel better...you normal pregnant woman! If your doc is cautious about a csection...come to Jersey. They pretty want to slice you open here.

Not in the Water said...

**I meant they pretty much want to slice you open here.

Morrisa said...

Yikes! So sorry you had such an eventful day. I also sorry that you are feeling sick. I hope you feel better but YAY for being a "regular" pregnant lady!

Maria said...

YAY for your first ob appt!! I hope they listen to you about the c/s. It should be up to ultimately, it's your body.