Thursday, May 15, 2008

Officially just another pregnant lady!

My 1st OB appointment went great! He was awesome and very modern (unlike Dr. A...bless his heart!)...I had a few things cleared up. I can paint my nails, I don't have to eat organic, Lovenox is not necessary...among other things. The most important question I had was about the c-section. He said he was 100% supportive, but completely confident that we could do a vaginal delivery without putting the baby in jeopardy. He said if it were his wife and kid, he would go vaginal with forceps. I have always been very, very wary about forceps, but he told me all about how he teaches medical students at Case Western how to use them safely and effectively and has never had any negative results with them. He kind of sold me on the "if it were my wife and kid...". I always feel better knowing what a doctor would do in my shoes...because sometimes it changes their answer. I cried like a baby, of course. Just knowing that my baby will come into this world and be laid on top of me...what a huge miracle and blessing. God has been so good to us. Sometimes I feel so unworthy.

The most exciting part...he is attempting to find out the baby's gender at 14 weeks!!!! He said he has "his ways" and that he is very accurate! So...hopefully, the baby isn't shy and let's us sneak a peek! Can you believe it? That is only 6 weeks away!

Anyway...I am off to play some X-Box with Steven then watch Grey's Anatomy. I will be eating whatever I want, while giving myself a manicure! So, there!!

10 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so glad that your appointment went well! It is nice to be able to trust your doctor.

sara said...

What a great great appointment! It sounds like you're in really good hands with a caring doctor as well. That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? Hope you enjoyed Grey's and that pretty nails!

Morrisa said...

Sounds like everything went great. Yay for being a regular pregnant lady!

Beth said...

Candi, that is so exciting. I never even thought about the painting nails thing, so glad you asked. I think I will need to know what these doctor's secrets are for finding the sex so early, b/c I can't wait.

Maria said...

YAY, I'm so glad you like your OB. He sounds really great. I agree with you, whenever they tell me what they'd do, I always end up going with that. But remember to do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

Not in the Water said...

Glad the appt went well. I would be wary of the forceps too. Especially working with kids with disabilities.

They have a "plunger" type of instrument now that they do use when needed vs. the forceps.

But you have plenty of time to figure out how to get the little peanut out. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another pregnant lady to me! Glad your appt went well. 6 weeks will be here before you know it!

Adriane said...

Sounds like a good OB appt. Glad you asked about what he would do in your shoes. I agree -- it often changes their answer!

I found out sexes at 15w5d, and my friend found out the sex of her son at 14w. So, it's definitely possible! Hope the time flies!!

JW Moxie said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well! A great OB that you feel comfortable with can definitely change a pregnancy's outlook! I hope baby cooperates in a few weeks!

tobacco brunette said...

Here from Lost and Found. Love the name of your blog. Congrats on the OB appointment. Good luck!