Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day...without contractions.

Happy Labor Day! I hope you all are spending it out in this beautiful weather with your families. We definitely are! We got back from church about an hour ago and Carter and I are outside watching Steven mow the lawn. After he's done, we are heading over to a family picnic. I know I should always feel this way, but holidays always make me take a step back and appreciate everything I have. We were listening to Sounds Like Life by Darryl Worley on our way to church this morning. It made me realize that we are not the only ones who struggle in today's economy...and that it shouldn't change the way we live and love. Sometimes I worry about adding another mouth to feed, but I know that we have what we need and will always provide for our children. Most importantly, we have a loving Christian home to raise them in, and that is what will matter when they grow up. They will not be wonderful people because we gave them new cars and shoes and designer clothes...don't get me wrong, I love me some Louis Vuitton, but that doesn't make me who I am. I am a strong Christian and a good wife and mother because I grew up with parents that taught me how to love and treat others. I am so thankful that I can provide the same type of home for my own kids.

So, as you celebrate Labor Day, whatever it even means...does anyone know?? Anyway, just take a minute to be thankful for everything you do have. Even in the worst of times, watching your families can remind you that life is good!!
 
Carter hanging on and scooching himself
down the coffee table. Such a big boy!

No comments: