Monday, September 28, 2009

I zerbert you!

I don't know why I haven't brought this up yet, but Carter loves to zerbert. For those of you who have never seen the Cosby Show, a zerbert is when you blow on someone's cheek, resulting in a "fart" sound. Some people call them raspberries. Anyway, he is so cute...he will grab my face in his little hands and smoosh his lips to my cheeks. When he blows, he drools all down the side of my face. When a successful zerbert has been achieved, he looks at me with a huge grin on his face, then latches back on for round 2, 3, 4...or until I have to put him down to dry my face and neck with my sleeve.

I have yet to get the zerbert on video, but its so stinking cute, I had to blog about it.

Yesterday, Steven went hunting and I had Carter by myself from 3pm until 8pm. It went pretty good. I changed his diaper and clothes, made bottles, fed him his dinner, got him down for a short nap, played with him, watched Yo Gabba Gabba for what seemed like forever, and we shared a juice box which I was surprised he handled very well! I got a little frustrated changing diapers because he is such a wiggle worm, but after a short prayer and a few deep breaths, I was good.  It was an empowering day for me! To all of you mommies out there in blogland...never take caring for your child for granted! I know I thank God every day for the abilities I do have. We are all very blessed.
Photobucket

No comments: