Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008.

2008 was an amazing year for me. On March 2nd, I started Lupron for my very 1st IVF cycle. A month and a half later, on my birthday, we found out that we were finally pregnant! April through July were spent throwing up...literally! I was sick 24/7. There were even times when I thought pregnancy was a bad idea, but I never took my eye off the prize. I knew that I was holding my baby boy in my belly and that he needed me to be strong. Eventually the sickness subsided...and on came the contractions!

I began having contractions in August. I was in and out of L&D...thankfully no baby yet. On October 19th, my water broke while in NY for my baby showers. I was admitted to L&D for the duration on October 24th.

October 29, 2008 was by far the best day of my entire life. That was the day my precious son was born. At 8:46am, Carter John Butchino made his entrance into the world weighing 3 pounds, 14 ounces. Although he wasn't due for another 7 weeks, he was perfect and healthy and I couldn't have been more proud! 2 weeks later, he was released from the hospital and we have been the happiest family ever since! I love my boys more each day.

2008 had its ups and downs, but when all is said and done, it was the best year of my life. I finally have the family I have always dreamed of and I have never been happier. I just can't wait to see what 2009 brings our way!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How could 2009 be any better then that - right? Well, here is to wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Blessed New Year!! Enjoy your evening with your boys.

Tina said...

2008 will be one of the BEST years of your life, without a doubt. I remeber 1997 like it was yesterday.

I pray in 2009 all your future dreams come true.