Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our early Christmas.

Steven's mom, brother, grandmother, and godmother came from NY this weekend to celebrate Christmas. We planned this awhile back, before we got the OK to travel with Carter.

Friday night, we opened presents. Steven's mother went overboard on us, as usual. She is so thoughtful and always gets us such awesome things. My favorite gift from her is my digital photo keychain. It is full of photos of Carter already! She also got me some really cute clothes. They were much needed...I haven't shopped for clothes since I had Carter. Steven gave me my iPod Touch, as I mentioned in my last post. It is seriously my most awesome gadget! He totally surprised me. I put all of Carter's lullabies on my iPod Video and it has been docked in the nursery since he's been home. It plays great through the iBoom, but when headphones are plugged into it, it acts up. I've had it for a long time, so I kind of was due for a new one, but would have never bought it for myself. When I opened it, I couldn't believe it! Such a thoughtful gift! He really outdid himself this year.

Last night, Steven's mom took us all out for Christmas dinner. She said we could choose any resteraunt and of course Steven chose Smokey Bones. It was really nice to get out of the house, since I haven't in awhile. The food was good, too!!

Today, I went to lunch with my girlfriends from high school. We went to TGI Fridays. It was cool because we were all able to catch up on each other's lives. It was my first time being able to join in when all the proud mothers showed their kids' pictures!! It was so awesome!! I used my new digital keychain, LOL! Great gift!!

OK, I have a lot of cleaning to do. It was a crazy weekend and I have a huge mess to take care of. Here are a few pictures from this weekend.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Glad you were able to enjoy a fun filled weekend!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looks like Carter has his Daddy's nose (for sure) and you are looking great and continue to look like a happy and proud Momma. Carter is growing fast and continues to be such a cutie in his 1st Christmas outfit. Thanks for sharing!!

Tina said...

What a great post. Sounds like so much fun. It is obvious how much you all love one another and enjoy each other's company. What a FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS!

Stacemoe said...

What a great time!!!! Carter is just precious and look at all that hair!!! You look great and SOOO happy!!!! Glad you were able to get out and have a yummy lunch with friends!

sara said...

Carter is such a cutie! And that one photo of you is hilarious sweetie! Early Christmas sounds like so much fun. I can't believe it's already next week. Carter has the best head of hair - I just want to reach out and hold him :-) ((hugs))