Tuesday, December 30, 2008

An amazing holiday.

My Santa Baby.

Our 1st family Christmas photo.

Best buddies.

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We certainly did! Christmas eve was Carter's 1st night in his crib...I was a basketcase and got no sleep. I even heard Santa putting gifts under the tree! Christmas morning was spent at home with our new baby boy. We bought Carter the Ocean Wonders mobile with remote. No more getting out of bed to rewind his mobile! We are also starting a savings account for him. My mom went completely overboard on Carter...and on us!! I got a ton of clothes and make-up (much needed) and Steven got a bluetooth (finally joining the millenium) and a new ladder, among other things. She is also redecorating our bedroom for us as a gift! We spent so much time and money on the nursery that we never even painted our room. It will be so nice to have somewhere cozy to go to bed! Steven also got me my mother's ring. It is an Opal which is Carter's birthstone, surrounded by Diamonds and Tanzanite (my 2 favorite gems!) What a sweet hubby!

We decided to go to NY on Christmas and surprise our families. After an amazing dinner (thanks mom!), we took off. We spent that night at Steven's mom's house and then went to my dad's on Friday. He got us all football jerseys, Carter included. Steven got a Steelers jersey and Carter and I got matching Brady Quinns! My dad is also a Browns fan! He was just so wonderful with his new grandson...what a proud papa! We woke up Saturday morning to Carter getting his bath! It was cute, but my dad was almost clueless!! Nonetheless, they got through it together!!

Saturday, we went to a party that was being thrown for Steven's uncle that lives in Australia. Him and his wife just had twins and this was their 1st time in the states. Once again, it was so cool to be the proud mommy introducing Carter to everyone! I enjoy it so much!! After the party, we had Christmas with my father in law, who was up from NC.

Sunday was Carter's 1st day in church. We brought him to our former church, the one we were married at. The people there are all so wonderful and I love them like my own family. It was so nice to introduce them to the miracle they spent hours praying for. What a true blessing that was!

We are now home and trying to unpack. Steven's youngest brother came with us for the week. I'm sure we'll have a fun time! He will be here for New Year's, which is awesome. Tomorrow we are all going to spend our gift cards that we got for Christmas...BRU here I come!!

Our Christmas weekend was just amazing. I am sure that I will never forget it. I truly have the best gift in the world...a family that I can love for many Christmases to come!

2 comments:

s.e. said...

I can hear how happy you are. What a beautiful baby and a beautiful family!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with FAMILY and you couldn't ask for a better Christmas. Your ring sounds beautiful. You should post a pic so we can all be jealous (lol). Little Carter looked too cute in his Santa outfit (too precious). Glad to hear you all are doing well.