Friday, December 19, 2008

My due date...

Today is December 19th...my due date. I should be in the hospital meeting my baby for the first time today. Instead, I am home with a beautiful, healthy 7 week old baby boy...I couldn't imagine my life any other way. I am so thankful that things happened the way that they did. As hard as things were 7 weeks ago, life is perfect and I am so proud of my little man.

I had my 6 week OB appointment yesterday. Although Carter is 7 weeks, I had to reschedule because I needed my nurse to accompany me and her baby was sick last week. Everything went well and I am the proud owner of a brand new IUD! Is that weird to anyone else?? An infertile going on birth control?? I also got a prescription for Reglan to increase my milk supply. Since Carter still hasn't mastered the art of latching on, I pump every few hours. This can cause a low supply and I have even had to supplement with formula a few times. Hopefully I won't have to do that anymore. It seems like the formula makes him uncomfortable. Using breastmilk makes it so we don't have to figure out which formula would work best...because he would probably be uncomfortable the entire time.

Steven assembled all the extra parts of my new wheelchair today. I am pretty excited...its been a long time coming. I will post pics of my new whip later! Right now I am going to finish wrapping Carter's Christmas presents and watch the Cav's game with my hubby. Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I can totally understand about the breastmilk. I pumped for quite a few months because Cameron would never latch on, but then we switched him over to formula which was an event in itself. We found that the good ole regular Similac wouldn't work for Cameron and instead he had to go with the Soy formula. He has grown out of his milk allergy which is nice, but there for awhile it was such a challenge. Glad to hear that things are well with you. Can't wait to see your new wheels!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I used to see you on BBC boards, since I've not been on any boards I still follow your blog though!!

I wanted to send you this link about the breastfeeding:
http://www.asklenore.com/

I induced lactation for an adoption following the protocols listed there. She has a lot of info on Reglan and Domperidone.

Talk to you later, congrats again!

Kristen
(mommy2three - Abbey, 7 & Benny 4)

Jen said...

Happy Due Date! Try some Fenugreek. It helped with my supply, along with the Reglan.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am an MA student at CSM (Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design) in London. And, I am doing my major project: briefly, the concept is about to create a design which is attempted to help couples to reduce the stress during fertility treatment. I did some research and found you blog. Is it possible for me to ask your experiences and needs (with no personal questions) during the treatment by email?
Please reply me if you could do me this huge favor.
Thank you

Best wishes
KC Kao

Email: kchsuan@googlemail.com
Course website: http://www.narrative-environments.com/index.html

Not in the Water said...

Holy cow it's been 7 weeks?? I can't believe...Merry Christmas to you!! :)

Lauren said...

:)LOL. I made a similar post pn Dec 18th, my due date! I am happy to have my little guy here too and it's nice that we are in a routine b4 christmas! Let me know how the reglan works for you...I have heard it really helps w/ supply. I went out on a solo shopping trip today and came home w/ leaking milkers bc I was away from my little calf for 3 hours! I apparently need a car power cord for my breast pump!! Dont leave home w/o it!! LOL. If I dont "talk" to you again b4 then, Merry Christmas!!!!