Monday, September 29, 2008

Ready to go...but let's wait! (Updated)

Well, I packed my hospital bag today. I learned my lesson. What I didn't mention the other night was that a couple of my contractions were so strong that they caused me to pee my pants. Yes...I know pregnant women do that sometimes, but when you don't have extra pants, that is a big problem! I ended up leaving the hospital in a gown...wrapped in a sheet! Its funny now, but it sure wasn't that night!! So...I packed a bag containing everything I'll need if the contractions come back...including two pairs of pants!! Just in case! I no longer trust my bladder!

Just because my bag is packed does not mean that Carter has the OK to come out...not for at least 9 more weeks!

Update: I just talked to the bank and the check for the full amount of the cord blood collection plus 18 years of storage has been sent!! That was the last piece of the puzzle and I feel like the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. As much as I complain about them, the bank really does come through every time...eventually!

5 comments:

Tina said...

You lose all your pride when you have a baby!

Stay put little man for a while longer!

The Boncoddo's Blog said...

Can I ask you which Cord Blood company you decided on and how you picked them out of the hundreds that are out there? I am due in 4 months and want to get the ball rolling but am so overwhelmed by all of the options out there!

Not in the Water said...

Glad to hear the bank came through eventually. Carter must stay put..he just wants to see the browns play himself...not just listen. I can understand!

Morrisa said...

Carter, you must stay put until you are done baking little one! Be a good little boy!

sara said...

I'm glad you have your bag packed - but Brynn is sending Carter a little baby talk to tell him to not cause his mom any more contractions for several more weeks, okay? I know that both of the kiddos are hanging out in our abnormal uteruses - but they'll just have to learn to like it and stay quiet for awhile longer, lol! I'm happy to hear everything came through with the bank and everything is set. I know I asked you awhile ago - but I'm trying to find your email you so nicely sent back to me. But what company did you end up going with? I looked around a bit - and we went with cord blood. I hope we're happy with them. Hope you have a quiet and dull week with not a contraction in sight :-)