Friday, September 26, 2008

A bump in the road...

I just got back from the hospital. I felt kinda funny all day, so I paged my OB around 3:30 and he said to come to L&D, just to be safe. By the time I got there and got hooked up, my contractions were 5 minutes apart. Carter was handling them well. The doctor came in and checked my cervix and it was closed tight, long, and the baby's head was high. He monitored me a bit longer and when my contractions died down, after about an hour, I was sent home. He said there was no need for Magnesium because my cervix is closed. He was worried that giving it to me would cause my blood pressure to go up, which for a paraplegic is very dangerous. So...I am taking it easy and will need to go back if the contractions pick back up. I'm really tired now, so Steven and I are going to watch the UFC fight in bed. Good night!

3 comments:

s.e. said...

What a scare. It sounds like your doctor is going to watch you close. And I am glad it didn't turn into more. Willing your cervix to stay tight for at least a while longer!

Not in the Water said...

How scary!! I am glad you are better now....everyone's babies need to stay where they are right now!

TAKE IT EASY!

Stacemoe said...

Glad the contractions stopped...take it easy...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Carter's room is precious!!!! Oh, and I LOVED the belly video!!!! I wish I had thought to do that...Take lots of pics too!!!!