Monday, August 25, 2008

We have a nursery!

The nursery is painted! It looks great! We started on Thursday night. We had to take out all of the guest bedroom furniture out first, so that went downstairs. When Steven opened the paint can, our jaws dropped and we looked at each other with that "OMFG" look. It literally looked purple! Not purple-ish...but lilac!! I almost cried, but then figured "Let's just give it a try." We sighed in relief when it rolled on blue. It got better and better every minute it dried more.

Earlier that day, my friend Katie and I went to Babies R Us. She will be on her honeymoon when we have my shower here, so she wanted to get my gift early. She insisted that she was going to buy my bedding. After trying to talk her out of it (it's expensive!!), she did it anyway! I was so very thankful...that is a huge gift!!

So...after the paint dried, we brought the bedding in. Perfect match! Oh, we're good!! LOL, it really looks like we meant to do that! My mom is buying us our crib this weekend, so I will post pictures then...that way you can see how well it all goes together!

My appointment on Thursday went great. It was very boring...which to me is wonderful!! Carter had his booty poking right out! We could literally feel his little crack! It was so funny! Anyway, we heard a nice, strong heartbeat and discussed delivery a little bit more. He wants to see me again in 3 weeks, but I have a cervix check this Friday. That means that I get to see my boy!! Steven has to work, so my mom is coming, which is awesome because she hasn't seen Carter in 4D yet. I will definatly post pictures after we get back!

As for me, I am up 10 pounds. I now weigh 140. I never thought I'd be happy to gain weight! But I feel great and I am actually very happy with the way my body looks. I have to admit...I am having fun here!

3 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! Glad the dr. appt. went well, too!

Not in the Water said...

Hee hee how fun :) And that was really nice of your friend.

Glad your appt was boring

HereWeGoAJen said...

I can't wait to see pictures!