Monday, August 4, 2008

1 down, 3 to go!

My shower was a blast! My aunts did a wonderful job. I only got 1 thing off of my registry (my high chair), but I will not need any more towels, washcloths, or onesies. I got some of the most adorable outfits I have ever seen!! I am also off to a good start on diapers and wipes. I got a couple duplicate outfits that I am going to take back and get diapers. I want to have a good supply before Carter gets here!

We had fun visiting family, too. While I was at my shower, Steven had a boy's day with his brothers. Yesterday, we took Bianca to my dad's to play with her mommy and daddy. They had a great time running around...and B is still tired from it today! Thank God!! I can finally relax! We also got the cage from my dad that was in his basement. He is done breeding boxers and offered it to us for B. She tears the house apart every time we leave her, but if we confine her to a room, she ruins things permanently...like the carpet in our bedroom that needs to be replaced. Every small cage we've gotten for her has turned out bad. She gets her paws or her face caught and ends up making herself bleed. This cage is different because it is bigger and she's been in it numerous times and has not hurt herself. This will be a life saver!!

So...as far as my future baby showers. The one in Ohio is going to be on September 6th. My mom is going to be on vacation from work and wants to make sure she can put it all together without her job interfering. The "Jack and Jill" shower that my mother-in-law is giving us is going to be on October 18th. She is inviting both sides of Steven's family...it is going to be huge. The one that my step-mom is giving me will be the following day...that way we only have to make 1 trip to NY. It will be crazy, but we are so excited!

OK, I'm off to rest after my long weekend. Our central air is being fixed today and I am looking to relax and not sweat for a change! I will post a few shower pics later.

2 comments:

Sue Z said...

Just a word of caution when buying diapers ... don't get too many newborn sized diapers. My sons were born weighing over 9 lbs and by 3 weeks old had outgrown the newborn diapers! Thankfully I learned from my first child and bought bigger diapers for the 2nd!
I'm enjoying so much reading about your journey. I found your website while doing research on IVF when a coworker was going through the process. She's 18 weeks pregnant now ... and we both keep checking back to see how you're doing!!

sara said...

I'm so glad you had a nice shower, and are getting your air fixed :-) It sounds like you have a lot of fun dates planned ahead and it'll be great hearing all about them :-)