Thursday, August 14, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel?

I think we may have a cure for B! We took both dogs to Petsmart last night, which they loved! Especially Bianca...she's never been there before. We bought her 2 Kong toys, and a Kong Sr. for Bailey (they're softer for his bad teeth), and a couple different kinds of treats to fill them with. We also bought B a new collar...it is pink leather with little spikes and rhinestones! Totally cute!!! Bailey got Dingos (his fave) and a pair of sunglasses. His 9th birthday is Saturday, so he picked his presents out. Bianca was going nuts in the store meeting all the new dogs. She didn't want to leave! We decided that we are bringing her back for obedience classes, since she still doesn't listen to me as well as she listens to Steven. Plus, we think the interaction with other dogs her age will be great for her.

Anyway, we got home and began filling the Kongs up with various treats, as well as plain old peanut butter. As soon as we gave them to her, it was like we didn't even exist. Steven got up and left and she didn't even cry or try to follow! We decided not to crate her with them until we knew how she would react to them...which was excellent! A toy has never kept Bianca's attention like that before! We gave them to her at 9:01 and she was still going at them when I looked at the clock at 9:37! After she was done, she fell over and was snoring so loud that I had to turn the volume up on the TV! So, I am hoping that this is the light at the end of the tunnel with the separation anxiety. We are going to continue working on it and we'll see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

On the baby-front, Carter is moving like crazy and he hates when I lay on my back...even if I only do it for a minute. He kicks and has a little temper tantrum until I move into a more comfortable position. I have an OB appointment on Thursday, so I will get to hear his little heartbeat then. I have to bring all the papers for the cord blood banking to have the OB sign them. It is a lot of paperwork and preparation. But it is very very important, so we have to be sure to get it done ASAP!! So...that's all for now. I'm off to relax a bit before the big USA/Phelps swim tonight.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My dogs love their Kongs too. They LOVE peanut butter.

sara said...

Congrats on 22 wks and a happy early 9th birthday to Bailey! That is great news about maybe figuring out some helpful stuff for the separation anxiety also. Phew - wouldn't that be great for you guys? My dog has this obsession with peanut butter. Every night I eat PB & J on english muffin and she goes crazy in the kitchen waiting for a nibble of peanut butter :-) Can't say I blame her, LOL! Hope you guys have a great appointment coming up too! (Isn't Memphis and Dan making quite the team on BB? Dan teaches at a high school near us - but Memphis is the hottie for sure!)