Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm ALIVE!

Well...my motivation finally kicked in! Friday night, Steven took me to Smokey Bones for dinner. It was great!! Then, yesterday we went over to a friend's house to hang outside. Us girls just hung out and talked while the boys played cornhole. It was relaxing, but fun to be out of the house.

Today, I had a rough morning. At church, Carter found it necessary to dance on my intestines...felt like I was going to #2 in my pants! I have issues going in public, so I sat through it. When I got in the car, I realized it was just gas...once I moved a bit, it went away. We got home to find Bianca hanging out in the living room...out of her crate. Her face was covered in blood. Steven went in the house 1st, knowing that I would spaz at the mess she made. Turns out, she just chewed the cage and bent it enough to squeeze out. It was her gums bleeding. Steven came back out with her and I opened the car door. Before I could even think, she leapt up onto me as to say "Mommy, please save me!" Well, she caught me with her left paws in the stomach...it took my breath. She weighs about 55 pounds. We spent the next hour poking at my belly trying to get Carter to move. I guess he was pooped from all the dancing he did at church because he didn't want to move. I drank a cup of caffienated tea and finally felt a little nudge under my belly button. I am still a little worried, but at least he is moving normally. If he doesn't continue, I may call the doctor, just to see what he thinks.

As you can tell, B isn't doing well with her crate training. She just gets so worked up. We even tried putting her in it while we are here, then letting her out after a few minutes with lots of praise. Every time we leave, she turns into Houdini and figures out how to take the cage apart from the inside. Last night, Steven put zip-ties on the corners, so she couldn't get out...hence the blood and bent cage. I don't know what to do. Her separation anxiety is driving me nuts!!

4 comments:

Sue Z said...

Taking a blow to the belly when there's a baby on board is a very frightening experience. Try not to worry too much (Yeah, right!). I fell when I was 26 weeks pregnant and landed on my belly on the corner of a box. (we were in the process of moving) I was beside myself when I went to see the doctor. He tried his best to put my mind at ease. He told me that if it were that easy to dislodge a baby there would be no need for legalized abortion. I remembered that as I continued to stumble through my pregnancy. I'm just a natural born klutz!

HereWeGoAJen said...

My dogs have landed on my stomach a couple of times too.

Do you feed her in the crate? That helped a lot with ours. They both still eat in their crates. My crate training breakthrough came when I spent a whole weekend throwing her favorite treats into her crate for her with the door open. Apparently it just finally clicked that weekend. Now both my dogs are so good with the crate training that they actually put themselves away when they see us getting ready to leave and just wait for us to shut the door. Keep it up, she'll get it!

CJ said...

Omg!!! that's crazy!! I have no suggestions. I have a 25 lb dog.

Baby and Me said...

Oh no! What do you do if you have #2 and you are far from home??? I dont have a dog but i have a neice that thinks my belly is so fun to try and bounce near.