Monday, August 11, 2008

We are "arteests"!

We have decided on paint!! Yessssss! After staring at swatches blankly for a bit, Steven convinced me to go with a bit of a darker light blue. Sounds weird, but I was thinking of going very light...white with a blue tint. I agreed with him after he convinced me that the darker color will look much better with the white furniture we have chosen. Its a good thing he can visualize these things...because I have a hard time with that! We are going to buy the paint this week and probably get the job done this weekend!!

We are still sticking with the indoor crate for Bianca. She has such bad separation anxiety, so we have begun the "desensitizing" as well as positive reenforcement with all crate related activities, such as putting her food in there, giving her treats for going in, etc. All without closing her in...for now. We want her to associate the crate with good things, and not with us leaving.

I feel a lot better now that I am getting out of the house and getting things done. I even went grocery shopping without Steven today, LOL! I am really starting to fully enjoy being pregnant!! Tonight, we will probably relax...I had a long day! I'm sure we will be watching Micheal Phelps win some more gold!!

GO USA!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That will be a nice combination! I can't wait to see pictures.

That is bound to work for crate training!

sara said...

I hope Bianca does wonderfully with the crate - sounds like you are doing a great job with planning for her. I like the idea of that paint color with the white furniture and can't wait to see it all done. Isn't it exciting to be making some progress? I forgot to ditto what you said the other night..Memphis did rock! I can't wait to catch another glimpse tomorrow night :-) Phelps was awesome tonight, and he won that gold! Jason and I did high fives when he won - and even Neela our dog gave her high five like she can, LOL!