Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where's The Trust?

So, my check from the trust came for my new camera equipment. It arrived yesterday around 3:30. I called the photo store to make sure everything was in stock and they said to come on in. Steven, Carter, and I got in the car and drove a half-hour to Mayfield. When we got there, Black Friday was in full swing. The woman in front of me was taking her good old time picking out a tripod, as well as sucking up all of the employee's attention. By the time I got to the counter, it was about 5:00. They got all of my items together, rang them all up, and I gave them my check. I explained the account and that it was not able to be run through TeleCheck...they ran it anyway. Declined. So embarrassing! I know how much money is in that account...I will not be running out any time soon. So, they made me talk to the TeleCheck people and I tried to tell them that this is not an EBT account. They told us we'd have to call the bank to verify funds. Had they done it when I got there, that would've been fine...but the bank closes at 5:00. So, instead of giving me my stuff and taking my word for it, they told me they would call the bank in the morning and give me a call. So...we drove all the way back home empty handed.

This morning, I waited until 10:00 before I assumed they were not going to be calling me. I took it upon myself to find the one and only Community Bank, NA that is open on Saturday and talked to a woman who said she would get ahold of the photo store and straighten things out. She tried for about a half hour getting the busy signal each time. Knowing that the bank was open until noon, we got back in the car and drove back out to Mayfield. I told the woman that her phone had been busy so I had to drive out there to give her the bank's number before they closed. She called...well, that branch doesn't deal with the bank's trust department, so they could not verify funds. Once again, they turned me away empty handed. Now, they want me to come back Monday.

Really? I understand that they are just doing their job, but every other place that I have dealt with has given me the benefit of the doubt and just let me leave with my stuff. This transaction has been in the process for weeks, since I went in for a quote and explained how everything would be working. Do they think I make counterfeit checks in my basement or something? I mean, my check has watermarks and stuff all over it. I guess I am just not used to being treated like someone who is being dishonest. I am a very trusting person. It is just my nature, so its hard to understand why people think I could possibly be lying about something like that. Its stinks that this world is so corrupt by people who are dishonest, that a Christian woman can't go into a store and be given the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I get my equipment on Monday after the bank opens...I hope.

After we left Mayfield, we went to Toys R Us to see if they had any sneakers for Carter. His feet are so big and wide, that we have been unable to find shoes to fit him. With the weather getting colder and with him on the verge of walking, he needs a good pair of shoes. We found a pair of red and white Nike high-tops marked down from $32.00 to $15.10. We tried on a size 5 and they fit, so we took them to the register. They rang up 50% off! We paid $7.55 for a pair of Nikes!! Who says you have to go out on Black Friday to get Black Friday Deals?! Aren't they cute?


After we left TRU, we walked over to Petco to show Carter the hamsters and fish. He was laughing and trying to touch the glass. It was cute. At least we turned it into a fun family day!

So, I will be making the trek out to Mayfield again on Monday...then hopefully I can get the pics done for our Christmas cards. Better get them out before its too late! Can you believe how close it is? Where did the year go??
Photobucket

2 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

I can't believe he's wearing a size 5! He must have inherited some tall genes. My girls are still in 2s and 3s!

Erin said...

Wow thats a crazy story, I just emailed you back. Hopefully you can get things figured out for monday. I have a fun photo shoot on Monday for a blog friend that I am excited about. I will be around all day so email me if you have questions. I have been researching new cameras!! I can't wait to get mine :)